Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please deliver all your straight hardwood logs to me in Northborough Mass. I'll be sure to load you up with beer before you leave.

I'm located in Ocean County, NJ.

We generally cut all our wood to fireplace length at the job site.
(the owner of the land where my shop is located will take all my wood for free, but it needs to be cut)

So it you need wood and your in my area? You can have all the wood you want for free . . . it would probably save me some time in trucking it back to my shop.

Whenever we can, we try to give the wood away at the site.  It never ceases to amaze me that people won't hesitate to ask us to deliver it to them for that price.  I tell them that once it goes on our truck it's not free anymore; it's enough that we cut it to firewood size.  Sometimes those terms are unacceptable so we end up loading it...

Glen

Here's the scoop on me:
My wife's a wood turner in norther IL. We know a lot of other wood turners. All of us need wood to turn. Whenever I see a tree trimmer, I stop 'em, and they load me up with wood. Hell, they used to cover my driveway with wood on a weekly basis. So many of them have to pay to dispose their wood, they were loving that I'd take it for free.

I'd rather get the wood in full log form, rather than chunks. That way I don't get so much wood degrading. Not a lot of arborists in my area, however, that can move logs.

However, if any of your arborists are in norther IL (around Antioch), and can lift logs, please let me know. I'll pay you for them. Not much, but I can pay some. I've got a 16' trailer, so I can even come to your place to get them, or I'll even meet you at the job site, if you can lift them into my trailer.

I'll take mulberry, box elder, maple, any locust, hickory...almost anything, and I'll even cough up a little more coin for walnut and cherry.

I really don't want any pine, and I'm kind of overwhelmed with Willow right now.

You can email me at:
[email protected]

I'm about 15 mile south of Youngstown Ohio, and burn wood for heat. I'll take all the free stuff ya can come upm with. H-ll, I'll even cut it my self for that price. Would love to get tops after the loggers have gone. :jester:

Hey guys, we got some winter left, and i'm runnin low on wood. If ya can help me out, I'll cut and haul. I'm in the diamond of Youngstown, Canton, East Liverpool, Ohio, and Beaver Falls, Pa. Got saws and splitter, Just need wood [email protected]

I can use some free firewood. I live between Syracuse and Cortland, NY. I can use hard or soft species of any type, diameter and length. First post, hope I got it right.

I'm interested in a load near Baraboo, Wi. I'm flexible in paying(especially for trucking) or the amount of work required on my part to get it. I'm just starting to heat with wood next year and would like to get a year ahead of myself in wood storage. I'm really jonesing for a load of well seasoned stuff to burn next winter(2005/06). My new woodburner requires well seasoned wood.

cheers
jb in bboo

Hi all,
I might as well jump on the bandwagon too. I could use hardwood firewood to get a year ahead for me & dad. I can pick it up. We have 2 pickups, 1 14' tandem axle trailer, plenty of modified saws and spliters. We are around the Harrisburg, PA area. Pm or email me...Thanx Rick/Saw Slut

P.S...Please - No pine

Not wanting to kill this thread but please watch where, what and how far you're taking firewood. Next to shipment of infested nursery stock, firewood getting hauled around seems to be the next causal agent of the European Ash Borer. So please watch what you haul where. There are even quarantines in affect for the exposed areas with fines being levied for violators.

Thanks to Bob at Crawfords Tree

Just wanted to post a thank you to Bob from Crawfords tree.. He had posted early on in this thread about firewood in the central NJ area.. I hooked up with him through email and then the phone... And he hooked me up with a motherload of very nice oak. I made two trips with a 6x10 dump trailer with 4 foot sides.. Close to 2 cords a load..probably 3.5 cords total..

Crawfords tree service looked to be a first class operation and i wouldnt hesitate to call him for tree work.

Thanks again Bob!
Ron

I'm in NW lower Michigan (Grand Traverse County) and would also be interested in areas were free hardwood might be located - don't need a ton and would be willing to help clean up. :)

I am always looking for wood any tree guys in Lake Hopatcong/Byram area of NJ let me know I will take what you have Leon

free firewood

timbertree said:
I operate a tree service in Mount Joy, PA. I'm always looking for someone to take firewood. To busy to mess around with firewood. Contact me if interested.

Hi do you still have any free firewood
if you do what kinds do you have
and how big is the wood
thank you
tim

Back