Free Stihl Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavement99

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
It's time for TreeStuff.com's annual IMPROVE THIS WEBSITE contest.

Take a couple minutes and look at our website. Send us your ideas about how we can make TreeStuff.com a better place to visit and shop. This includes changes to the site, product suggestions etc. We take your ideas very seriously and will try to implement most of your suggestions. If something sucks, please let us know.

Last year we got some incredibly helpful feedback from this contest.... so thank you guys in advance for your help.

This year we will have prizes for the three people with the best suggestion(s). We will send these three people a classic Stihl chainsaw as a thank you. No purchase necessary.

It's very simple: Send your suggestion to our [email protected] address. In your email please list your name, shipping address, and your ArboristSite screen name. The screen name of the three people with the best suggestion will be announced here on Thanksgiving (11-25-2010).

DSCN0499.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Luke,
How about the skinny on those saws? They all look really clean and ready to go.
I see the 026, an 031, and what's that in the background? 041 or...?
What bars are on them?
Looking forward to the 25th.
-C

yeah they are definitely ready to rock. very clean. a gold certified stihl technician has gone through them and prepped them.

there are (2) 031 AVs and an 026...

if you guys haven't participated yet i would encourage you because there are excellent odds of winning at the moment!

Due to a family emergency I won't be around to announce the results on Thanksgiving...

as a result the contest will be extended until Monday, November 29th.

Please continue to submit your entries until then!

22 people entered this year's contest:

Winners include: Pablo26, Diesel Husky, and ThorCW

Everyone who entered is awesome in my book. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help out a small business with some free consulting.

Hopefully the winners will hop on this thread and post some pics of their Stihl chainsaws. Saws should arrive in the week 7 to 10 days.

Everyone who entered is awesome in my book. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help out a small business with some free consulting.

Hopefully the winners will hop on this thread and post some pics of their Stihl chainsaws. Saws should arrive in the week 7 to 10 days.

Oh My... I can't believe it! First off I'd like to Thank Treestuff for having an awesome contest and I would like to give a special thanks to my parents, wife and kids, and an honorable mention to my dogs... :bowdown: :clap:

What am I talking about... I WON! :clap:

Last edited:

Congratulations to the winners.

pavement99 - Can you post (or email me) the suggestions that they made that caused them to win? While I appreciate the contest and the opportunity I do not believe anyone provided better suggestions than I did. I'd like to see for myself what they came up with.

pavement99 - Can you post (or email me) the suggestions that they made that caused them to win? While I appreciate the contest and the opportunity I do not believe anyone provided better suggestions than I did. I'd like to see for myself what they came up with.

same here.

The part that bugs me is the email I got from Luke that led me to think I had it in the bag . Thats what I get (pissed) for thinkn that way. That email was pointless .

The part that bugs me is the email I got from Luke that led me to think I had it in the bag . Thats what I get (pissed) for thinkn that way. That email was pointless .

Keep in mind that the judges might not be qualified to choose the best advice they got simply because they didn't recognize it as the best advice they got. Most businesses have expertise in their business -- and not expertise on the business of doing business on the Internet. And that's okay because its their contest and they have to choose what they think is right for them. We're playing in their sandbox.

I was an internet pioneer (you may be conversing on a "Forum" rather than a "BBS" because of me) and I single handedly built a web site into a multi-million dollar business which made its revenue wholly on advertising. To do that you have to be an expert on getting traffic to your site and marketing your site. So if anyone can mentor someone on how to market a web site and be successful on the internet, I can because I did it.

I want to know the answer to my question for a number of reasons:

1) Someone may have had a better suggestion than me. Unlikely - but possible and if so I can learn from that idea, too.

2) The judges may have gauged the best suggestion solely on making their site better -- rather than on a suggestion that would position them to make more money on the internet. Having the best whiz bang site is not how you make sales.

I didn't ask because of sour grapes...I'm truly happy for the winners. But I am skeptical about this whole contest being legit after the delays which, although good business, were meant to allow more people time to enter. I'd have just said that the contest was being extended to allow a few more people to enter...

Last edited:

Ah, sorry about that. I emailed everyone who entered the contest to say thank you... and I also tried to comment on what I thought about their ideas.

Like I said, you guys all did awesome. I was choosing from a range of good to great ideas...

Last edited:
But I am skeptical about this whole contest being legit. Especially after the staged delays meant to extend the contest so more people could enter before the winners were announced.

My wife's grandmother passed away last monday. I spent all weekend at a funeral in LaPorte, Indiana. Not a great Thanksgiving to say the least.

For the record this is a small company. It is pretty much just me (Luke) and my uncle who is our Stihl and Husky technician (Phil). I do all the internet stuff. We've been at it for about four years.

So I guess I am judge and jury. In my opinion you all kicked ass.

I don't take it personally, but the contest is legit... Ask the fellow in Iowa who won a Husky top-handled saw in 2009's version of this contest. Actually, I am honored that you guys cared so much. That is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry about that. I emailed everyone who entered the contest to say thank you... and I also tried to comment on what I thought about their ideas.

Like I said, you guys all did awesome. I was choosing from a range of good to great ideas...

I am sorry for my comment . It was outa line . Although I would have preferred NOT to have gotten that email because it sure showed a strong favor towards my idea . Otherwise , I would have never expected to or even thought I would win . The thing with me is that I wanted that 026...BAD . LOL , I bought one when they first came out n I still use it . I only use it up in a tree and it is strictly off limits to all groundsmen . Anyway , thanks for the opprotunity and maybe I will send u folks a picture of me in a tree....CRAP..that was IT!! THAT woulda been the winner!!! : )

I am sorry for my comment . It was outa line . Although I would have preferred NOT to have gotten that email because it sure showed a strong favor towards my idea . Otherwise , I would have never expected to or even thought I would win . The thing with me is that I wanted that 026...BAD . LOL , I bought one when they first came out n I still use it . I only use it up in a tree and it is strictly off limits to all groundsmen . Anyway , thanks for the opprotunity and maybe I will send u folks a picture of me in a tree....CRAP..that was IT!! THAT woulda been the winner!!! : )

No you're totally fine... I am thrilled that you guys cared about helping us out.

Also, I will try to list the winning ideas in some semblence of order at some point soon... some of the ideas were quite wordy. some were just a sentence or two.

No you're totally fine... I am thrilled that you guys cared about helping us out.

Also, I will try to list the winning ideas in some semblence of order at some point soon... some of the ideas were quite wordy. some were just a sentence or two.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your grandmother. My condolences.

What looked a little odd was posting to say you won't be around to post (when you could have posted the winners then and there) followed by the keep submitting entries comment. Then they were supposed to be posted on the 29th and actually posted on the 30th. You can see why from the outside someone could draw the wrong conclusion. I do apologize.

No sweat MNB... I agree it looked fishy.

Your suggestions were great by the way... extremely professional.

It won't make you feel any better, but you were on the cusp!

Back