Fuel (probably gonna start a fight with this)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even use shell gas in my truck it acts up every time. With the VP I have noticed too that the carbon build up is nonexistent now. The storage of the VP is what I was after. Especially with the saw being in the tool box. Sometimes it might be used forup to 2-4 weeks and I don't wanna trust that to store bought mixed fuel
Wouldn't a fuel stabilizer added to pump fuel achieve the same outcome

Forgive if I'm incorrect but I was always under the impression that Nitrogen in both liquid & gas forms is inert Are you referring to Nitromethane enriched fuels? if yes they can be " IFFY"

I am not a chemist. It's whatever shell put's into their v power. They say nitrogen infused/enriched but I have no clue what it really is.

But of all the fuel samples I pull every year. It's easy to tell their fuel from everyone else's. When you run it through a ethanol test. Sometimes it tests fine and others it just turns to a cloudy mess and leaves the test tube with a layer of goo. Between the 10% ethanol and the fuzzy fuel above. Usually it's about 3/16 thick or about 3-4% on our test tube.

We sent a sample out to a lab a while back. And they sent the findings back and it wasn't petroleum based. It was a synthetic additive package.

It didn't say much. I was expecting more for the $$$ they charged.

I will say I easily pull north of 100 samples a year, and I always write my guess on what brand fuel the customer used on the back of the work order. And well shell is pretty distinct. I can get that one correct nine out of ten times.

But I am no means a fuel expert. I just have to fix the problems that bad fuel causes. Sometimes nothing major other times very major. I just stay away from shell I have had plenty of issues with it looking back. And none since I stopped using their fuel.

Steven

I like to mention this from time to time. If you go to Home Depot and apply for, and are approved for one of their credit cards, you will receive a $25.00 credit voucher on the spot.

That's good for four cans of Tru-Fuel if you chip in a couple of bucks. You can apply for up to five cards. I applied for four over a course of two weeks.

Anyways, that's how I got my 16 cans of Tru-Fuel for basically free.

I run shell 91 octane, no ethanol so says "shell" and AMSoil full synthetic 2 stroke oil. I've always used shell 91 in all my small engines whether it be 4 or 2 stroke they are always clean when I take a peek, As for the oil my repair guy showed me some pistons that had crap 2 stroke oil ran through the saw not good fellas, piston rings stuck in their groves, piston is just sloppy in that cylinder. IMO crappy fuel crappy oil crappy repairs, cough up the money and buy the quality stuff. save yourself a case of pints down the road. Oh btw in my truck I use regular and then once twice a month I run a tank of 91 octane with some tranny fluid about 1 cup to 25 liters, 277,000 kms' not sure in miles what that is but everytime I've changed the plugs and checked injectors they were mint, My uncle told me to do that when I bought the truck 10 years ago he's a magician with motors and tranny's. Trucks never let me down small engines are still going strong and I got some old stuff

Latest posts

Back