fuel tank leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkelly311

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Working on a Craftsman 3.7 (the masked poulan 3700). Test fired it last night and it runs great. Noticed later a pool of fuel under it after I let it sit for awhile. Sounds like a fuel tank leak to me .... have seen a little discussion about marine putty's repairing them or someone that can plastic weld.... is there any other item that anyone has had success with and is a tank easy to remove on this saw?

Easy to put a new one in, but you have to pull the flywheel. Change the 530019141 oring on the cap if you don't find a neck split, they are less than a dollar.

I've never been able to permanently seal the seam splits in those necks, even tried thin copper wire wrapped over epoxy glue. A year later and they're leaking again.

It's a poor design to use a male thread for a fuel cap in a thin blow molded (cheap) plastic tank, they should have threaded the outside of the neck...but those saws otherwise are great!

image.jpeg

Back