fUgly saws pics required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saw did clean up nice,

OkJGmwgEpLiYT65r8RNOLpBPsXk3hkC7BHz7baCdTsCd5k4GRzl1UdXqD2UYIjwpqCecz1p245a3bXu3W6jJmqUqK_8IAZelm4AzzZ7HX_j84WHDzhjTxmLJbU31NsgaTzpaeVyi-W6DXEGnciXkGRDlreZBolSGJOpfm9jzQcLggDFptII4stLJt41NoBQpjBOgg_IORpT9anK1gO-S4mu9ULxgwvuQHaL0TYm2EB_vm_6jtKXG08L54IuCn7t5o5kF69BcXLc4XjOBfmT8h0AvjFdmuIUZp8cIUyIzwnC7IvBEj3SG10ZlsWpRUIf3TpXsT589I1DR-1Dy179v7MzY2ykeTCBFkpb5VUH7_7t0rlIxag2z_kPwpK2pSxRENquFauYNXZZMJqFs2KdtoM0u-WohmNcMq4sBmT9E8Y5ITfUVpMq9kjaKtntpg66UHMID7dB83fT9KCkLlxecKE4d_mkUGIGKTa4wuwSIcW1nvtLf1ENCNhAv8y2NCqIZDAXmp8xqrV_NWK6kDFCaKy2oCPIXl3HcNC09tfFlwTWHb7_38jHae2Lxsks_my0=w426-h567-no
Z76rifbeq4eZDQyJri1G6mxJzZszldBZgLx63QsyqfskuqB8AlC7Pn9NFDuzGf25dHNUbXkJLNin4KysqGulGS8j3s7JzxIkWRrkoIyjxqyMPrPafvJccFOlnQQXDAdqDJ6cJVwUfIfez3hmM-OqXUxLB8DlyX1JbCz07UkIAtaY8F1iFjnCa9owNxDOQsEz8VXi0QXe5wRfGM9b_r5bJ90gQvRloCbjWAs8fcDtDIj5lWEQhpTKZBo4cbD9sTeBuNdCdyU46oRaj4bTqub0mhGHYqNpPHsN01abk3B3lomygdR7Y5CcZZvCsAoZXAWe6H8gcKApVAH9oC6a6ioNqKzRRZ26HSSiVy6U6mywn3MysWm1M-D34iZWwaoCuAqmP7Yn6Zhv4yC285BrwOHldcchsCkVHVdlqmnPnCglTEmJJ-vacspvae0JCCUWD_CpRqA2DbJJJVrq1WU_uwDeN2pQURWgO0Rg3TAaQHTXJ9KL56rjE6PaNITjTutxmy2OChwodNruynDCgYaEFnIHNlXfuJrB-8ku12Zr1YB7DxLpLx88tOycSRsbmKwPqtE=w756-h567-no

It has been fully repaired now and even has a new owner.
Amazing what a little tlc can do. wish i had before pics of the little husky i rebuilt. Couldnt hardly tell what color it was.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

How was the insides of the saw? Having a saw that dirty with no air filter couldn't be good for the engine..
Amazingly enough the piston still had machining marks on it, no scratches at all so maybe it was not run long without the filter off. The carb was totally stuffed up inside with fine dust, the fuel tank was very dirty also.

We've had concrete saws that had that stuff all over them and usually the piston was trashed. I guess you should clean them up often and replace the air filter also.

Concrete saws are a totally different animal used under totally different conditions. Concrete dust is extremely abrasive whereas fine softwood dust is far less abrasive and I doubt that 025 was run very long without a filter. I t came to me the way it was with instructions to fix it if it did not cost very much. The owner had lost all the missing parts and the total for replacing them was too high, I was told to just keep the saw like so many before it.

Concrete saws are a totally different animal used under totally different conditions. Concrete dust is extremely abrasive whereas fine softwood dust is far less abrasive and I doubt that 025 was run very long without a filter. I t came to me the way it was with instructions to fix it if it did not cost very much. The owner had lost all the missing parts and the total for replacing them was too high, I was told to just keep the saw like so many before it.
I kinda like deals like that.

I'm sure I differ from most, but I enjoy the challenge of making something work without buying new parts. Maybe it's the "farm boy" in me ;). That's also the reason I can't seem to throw anything away :confused:

>That's also the reason I can't seem to throw anything away

oh how I can relate... :sweet: at the moment of decision... I can see any number of possible uses for the item (s) in question. I am always at my just over limit limit... then I spy something that seems absolutely is a 'must have!'... and so it goes. last item was a pull handle cooler with wheels... and you know who was quite against it... lol... :laughing: so we grumbled all the way home (out walking dog) and inside was a tool chest, had been used for fishing. as I could see so many uses, it was just an ol smelly piece a junk! ;) the cooler? perfect to walk around and pick up pine twigs, branches... snap to width and make kindling width... lol, I mean with! wait a minute... i'll go shoot a pix of my handy

it's maybe ugly - but super kindling hauler!! :

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

tossed away because ice/water drain cap gone!

P1010004.JPG

hmm, I see seat, or chain saw supplies holder...

well, tell me please... is it too f-ugly to keep?

I do value AS member's opinions... ;)

Back