Full Crank vs. Stuffed Crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for reducing weight I'm assuming? When I was building my snowmobile I heard that removing 1 pound of rotating weight is equal to 7 pounds of stationary weight
Sounds like a lot of work for what you might gain in power.

I should think on the engines that dont need to flow through the piston sides, that a flat bottom on the piston would help as well. Also an aluminum rod for racers as it has to have volume to make up for strength loss.

It decreases crankcase volume, thereby increasing transfer velocity.

Exactly.......and that by itself raises the peak power point, and in some cases narrows the torque curve.

I'm not sold on the "need" for that in the saws we build......as in a working saw. I "think" it may put the working power at a RPM that is unrealistic.

Of course, there is still so much I don't fully understand.

Exactly.......and that by itself raises the peak power point, and in some cases narrows the torque curve.

I'm not sold on the "need" for that in the saws we build......as in a working saw. I "think" it may put the working power at a RPM that is unrealistic.

Of course, there is still so much I don't fully understand.
Randy, have you done a 357xp?

The 357 has stuffers, 359 doesn't. The 57 is zippier, but the 59 feels a little torquier...

Latest posts

Back