Full Crank vs. Stuffed Crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, if you put a 357 cylinder on the 359, would the power curve be wider than the 357, still?

I do believe it would be Lynn.

No pie last night, Randy??? :laugh:

I had a pile of 359s here with toasted top ends. The plating is so crappy that salvaging them ain't really an option. Out of 5 or 6 I was able to save 1.

Needless to say.......I'm not a fan of the 359. I thought that Hyway was gonna save the day with a nice closed port top end for them. Out of three jugs, two of them had terrible plating issues, and were totally unusable. So........I'm still hoping someone , somewhere comes thru with a good jug for the 359. So far......they are all just plain junk.

I had a pile of 359s here with toasted top ends. The plating is so crappy that salvaging them ain't really an option. Out of 5 or 6 I was able to save 1.

Needless to say.......I'm not a fan of the 359. I thought that Hyway was gonna save the day with a nice closed port top end for them. Out of three jugs, two of them had terrible plating issues, and were totally unusable. So........I'm still hoping someone , somewhere comes thru with a good jug for the 359. So far......they are all just plain junk.
I didn't know the 359 cylinders were that bad. But I do know the 357 cylinder is high quality Mahle.

So, wouldn't the OEM 357 cylinder be the WAY to go?

Nice to know. GULP! Will a 357 top end work on a 359, straight swap?

The factory top end will perform fine. No need to look for a replacement. If the piston does happen to become scored though. It's not likely that the jug will be able to be salvaged.

Yep, they are the same except for the top-end.
...and the crank stuffers:rolleyes:.

I have a 359 top end on a 357 case. It is definitely stronger than a stock 357 with a mm and BGD. I've remember JJ saying the best setup is a 357 cylinder on a 359 case. I don't remember if that was with porting or not.

...and the crank stuffers:rolleyes:.

I have a 359 top end on a 357 case. It is definitely stronger than a stock 357 with a mm and BGD. I've remember JJ saying the best setup is a 357 cylinder on a 359 case. I don't remember if that was with porting or not.

Isn't the 359 a larger bore? What is BGD?

I'm building a 350 right now for Jon's uncle. Base gasket deleted, transfers raised to 118, open the lowers a little......and a muffler mod of course.

I bet it will run circles around some that have been ground on in every opening.

I'm building a 350 right now for Jon's uncle. Base gasket deleted, transfers raised to 118, open the lowers a little......and a muffler mod of course.

I bet it will run circles around some that have been ground on in every opening.
Ya mean ya ain't goin to 'Hog out' all the ports? ;)

Latest posts

Back