Full Crank vs. Stuffed Crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 346 is one of those saw that you can go backward on very easily. Just a couple of burr cuts and you go from wow.......to :(

I'm building a 350 right now for Jon's uncle. Base gasket deleted, transfers raised to 118, open the lowers a little......and a muffler mod of course.

I bet it will run circles around some that have been ground on in every opening.

I saw that saw sitting on yer bench in the background with the seals out of it.

I was converted with my first auto moshine, age 18. I built my first Chev small block out of two basket case engines. 301, Corvette heads, three 2 barrels, pop up pistons, 6000 rpm cam.

The less is more thinking system I have was instilled by a small block Chevy engine. :laugh:

I'd built several SBM engines with big cams and high dollar heads. They did good with loose convertors and 488 gears. But sucked with road gears. Just not much fun to drive on the street.

I built a .030 over 350 and used 283 heads that were fly cut for larger valves. With flat top pistons it made 11:1 because of the smaller combustion chambers the 283 heads have. I used a Comp cam that had a high lift, but short duration. My thinking was that I could use this car (a 79 hatchback Mustang) as a daily driver, and drag race on the weekends. With taller gears, and a much tighter convertor, it almost beat the best ET I had done with more radical engines in that car, and it got 20 miles per gallon. This little engine sounded stock, had great driveability, and hauled ass. With that engine and 355 gears it was running 7.80s in the eight mile and was incredibly consistent.

The less is more thinking system I have was instilled by a small block Chevy engine. :laugh:

I'd built several SBM engines with big cams and high dollar heads. They did good with loose convertors and 488 gears. But sucked with road gears. Just not much fun to drive on the street.

I built a .030 over 350 and used 283 heads that were fly cut for larger valves. With flat top pistons it made 11:1 because of the smaller combustion chambers the 283 heads have. I used a Comp cam that had a high lift, but short duration. My thinking was that I could use this car (a 79 hatchback Mustang) as a daily driver, and drag race on the weekends. With taller gears, and a much tighter convertor, it almost beat the best ET I had done with more radical engines in that car, and it got 20 miles per gallon. This little engine sounded stock, had great driveability, and hauled ass. With that engine and 355 gears it was running 7.80s in the eight mile and was incredibly consistent.
Might as well get this party started... Small Block Chevy = Best thing that ever happened to a Mustang!!!:rock::blob2:

Latest posts

Back