Full Crank vs. Stuffed Crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send it to Don instead......

I'll let it sit around for 6 months before I did anything with it. :laugh:

I do appreciate that JJ.

That's my take on those two as well Don.

It seems that the stuffed engine accelerates quicker......
Exactly,,,, We do it in our Drag boat motors X 12 on a V6 (2 per cyliinder) it actually raises/speeds up the low side compression (intake charge) thus as another stated gives a supercharging effect,,,,, and makes the motor accelerate quicker/harder,,, the supercharging effect is especially noticable on the big end,,,, The only problem with running them is if they ever come loose,,,,, it is never good...... in fact is usually very, very ugly and expensive to fix

less is sometimes more,surely you jest ;)

Always good to see you Terry!!! My best Regards to the Mrs, and the Girls

I have a 359 top end on a 357 case. It is definitely stronger than a stock 357 with a mm and BGD. I've remember JJ saying the best setup is a 357 cylinder on a 359 case. I don't remember if that was with porting or not.

That's been my experience- 357 top end, 359 bottom end, mild port work. If you want more snap then do the timing advance and convert a different carb over. The 357 jug has a tall enough exhaust port though unless the machine work is done to drop it down.

That's been my experience- 357 top end, 359 bottom end, mild port work. If you want more snap then do the timing advance and convert a different carb over. The 357 jug has a tall enough exhaust port though unless the machine work is done to drop it down.
What carb?

Looks about like a thread I read 7-8 years ago. ;)

I bought this from Simon Bertrand that got it from Marcel Vincent who made it. Then decided not to use it in a partner 5000 and traded it for a decent chain. I think it ended up in a over the wood saw.

images

images

what did that go in jeremiah? looks alot like a 372 crank. trying to 576xp stuffers to fit a 372xp. they only needed slight modding to fit the crank but seem too tight when putting the case back together. anybody know the crankcase volumes of these two saws? i know the stroke is the same but i dunno bout the volume.

I had forgot about this thread. I ended up putting a oem 357xp top-end on the 359, dropped cylinder for a .020" squish, 195 psi, no porting. Runs Very Good. Might go back and raise the upper transfers a bit, we'll see.

This one needed a crank and I put a 359 one back in it, would have been a good opportunity to stuff it, but didn't want to spend any more on it...

Still don't know which carb y'all are talkin about. Care to throw me a bone?

Three bad 359 cylinders here that can't be saved. OEM 357 is the way to go right now...

Back