Funniest chainsaw incident I ever saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob kern

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My bro bless his heart wanted some practice felling trees. So being the helpful gent I strive I had him over to drop a few on the farm. First up was a huge double beech that forked at about 10'.
Now he is a " new saw " fan and doesn't quite understand the whole magnesium addiction but I convinced him to give my promac 850 a whirl.
So he puts in the necessary ear plugs and fires the big boy up and begins a perfectly placed bore cut. THEN it happened. Little did we know the tree was hollow and at the fork it was open on top. As soon as the bar got through the first few inches what seemed like a thousand gallons of black nasty water deluged out upon my saw and oh ya my bro.
To this day I can still see that I'm gonna kill you look on his face. He wasn't laughing but that was ok. I was laughing enough for us both.
Since he was already ticked (and I knew I'd have a head start ) I hollered hey rookie, don't you know them there saws are air cooled???
He'll live it down someday ..... Maybe!!

Back