G/Teeth Performance Upgrade Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCgrinder

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Latest Tree Care mag had an ad for Greeteeth Performance Upgrade Kit showing wheel with only 3 pairs of their Wearsharp teeth.. ad states available for Vermeer 252's with 1/2" thick cutter wheel.... Any body using that particular set-up... Considering getting one if it indeed works...
I've read othe posts about the "bouncing" that is induced with less teeth( I.E Quadwheel , Greenwheel , etc)
Or should I just go ahead and replace all 16 setups ...?
Stan

NCgrinder, We offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If for any reason your not completely satisfied with the setup you can always send it back for a 100% refund.

Brian : Thanks for the offer , and I may just try the Upgrade Kit . But ,actually looking for some real world experiences with the setup on a 252 before ordering.
Stan

NC Grinder, I can do you one better. Next time you're going to be in the Greensboro area call me in advance. My 252 has the Greenwheel Quad setup with the 35 HP Vanguard upgrade. I did a mounded up pine just yesterday 80 inches root to root in 25 minutes. The main stump was 36 inches. Roots and mound 80. 336-601-3023

I switched to the greenwheel on my 352 about 6 weeks ago. I like it. I've noticed a small increase in production time. It helps me stay on my rpm's so I hope it extends my engine life.

The bouncing seems to occur when I take too big of a bite. Changing/rotating 6 teeth is a snap compared to 20.

I am happy with my greenwheel as well on my Rayco 1625. It's been on for a year and I haven't run into any engine issue. Slight learning curve to dial in how much to take in a swipe, but once you get the hang of it the motor's rpms stay smooth. I also noticed that it seems to pack the chips in better under the machine keeping them out of the work. This make the motor bog down less because it isn't regrinding the millings.

Best of all it take me a minute or two to change to a fresh set of teeth. Any time I think of upgrading to a diesel I remember the added cost and time of rotating/ changing teeth.

Here's the latest update on installing Greenteeth on my 252...I went with the 700's using the 3 pair setup (every 120 degrees)..6 teeth total.. What a great setup for a 252 !!..
With the 34 HP Kohler engine upgrade ,I now have sped up my production time greatly...Took a bit of adjusting myself to letting the teeth do the work..
Old habits die hard ....First job was 6 36"/38" pin oaks...ate 'em up in a shade less than 2 1/2 hrs..
Pleased so far...The total cost of G/T's was about same as old 16 tooth setup , but much faster and simpler to change in the field,,,No more breaker-bar just a 5/8" wrench

From a starving self employed stump grinder I have been running the 900's on my Rayco 1635 Jr 1" cutter wheel for over a year, with modified setup and upgrade sheeve, it works great. The folks at Green Manufacturing are great at product improvement and testing, they have done their homework long before they ever release a product/setup to the public. Just look at improvement to their products that they have rolled out in the last few years. I appreciate a company that is looking out for the end user!

I have the upgrade kit on mine and it works great!!! Brian from greenteeth had me try them out when it was in trial period and i have been using ever since. you can use your stock wheel, and your only using 6 teeth!!!! Quick flips, and change outs at 1/3 of the cost. Bouncing does occur if you take to much bite but the 252's do that with all the teeth on as well. 6 teeth , 900 series, you won't regret it.

I have the upgrade kit on mine and it works great!!! Brian from greenteeth had me try them out when it was in trial period and i have been using ever since. you can use your stock wheel, and your only using 6 teeth!!!! Quick flips, and change outs at 1/3 of the cost. Bouncing does occur if you take to much bite but the 252's do that with all the teeth on as well. 6 teeth , 900 series, you won't regret it.
I need three pockets and 6 teeth? All angles?

NCgrinder,
Do you have the stock wheel on yours with green teeth or have the new green wheel?

I have the original type stock 1/2" wheel . However , shortly after changing to the Greenteeth setup , the wheel split !!!!
May have been a fluke ,as it was the original wheel and was 15 years old...showed indications of cracking from wear and tear thru the years..with the 34 Kohler upgrade I did & the 3 set Greenteeth ,I think the extra torque did the deed
Now that I've used the Greenteeth setup , I really wish I had gone for the 900 series instead of the 700's

I need three pockets and 6 teeth? All angles?
No bud , 6 teeth, 6 pockets same wheel . I would suggest giving Brian Holly call up at greenteeth in Michigan. He is very informative and he will help you out with any needs you may have

I only have
I have the original type stock 1/2" wheel . However , shortly after changing to the Greenteeth setup , the wheel split !!!!
May have been a fluke ,as it was the original wheel and was 15 years old...showed indications of cracking from wear and tear thru the years..with the 34 Kohler upgrade I did & the 3 set Greenteeth ,I think the extra torque did the deed
Now that I've used the Greenteeth setup , I really wish I had gone for the 900 series instead of the 700's

My motor is a 25 kohler will they have the torque to run them? It's a fairly new motor.

The 25 should be fine, mine is the 27. no matter what you will get a good return on your investment . you only need 6 angle pockets and 6 900 series greenteeth, wearsharp2. i think its 926-ws2. theese teeth are made for the greenwheel so they only have 2 sides instead of 3. like i said the only thing you dont want to do is take to much bite, especially with the 25 hp. worst case you will stall the motor. good luck, you wont regret it. order from tree stuff . do it, do it

The 25 should be fine, mine is the 27. no matter what you will get a good return on your investment . you only need 6 angle pockets and 6 900 series greenteeth, wearsharp2. i think its 926-ws2. theese teeth are made for the greenwheel so they only have 2 sides instead of 3. like i said the only thing you dont want to do is take to much bite, especially with the 25 hp. worst case you will stall the motor. good luck, you wont regret it. order from tree stuff . do it, do it
Thanks a mil for your help guys I'll let you know how it works out

Will be here Monday! What do you guys do with your old teeth? Sell them as is have the sharpened and sell them or keep them?

Back