Georgia spring 2015 GTG (May 30, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it was possible. We had a heifer that lost her calf a few days ago. Jon and I are in the middle of grafting a bottle calf on her.....and breaking her to milk. She's a first year heifer......never been handled at all......very skittish. I just don't think now is a good time to leave her. Maybe it will look better by the end of the week.

I wish it was possible. We had a heifer that lost her calf a few days ago. Jon and I are in the middle of grafting a bottle calf on her.....and breaking her to milk. She's a first year heifer......never been handled at all......very skittish. I just don't think now is a good time to leave her. Maybe it will look better by the end of the week.

More common that not with first year cows. Well, common enough anyway.

Told ya when you announced on getting cows it would put a crimp in taking off and traveling, there's always some crap happens.

Still not sure if I can make the gtg or not, not looking great, way behind on stuff and the expensive mechanic doesn't have the parts to fix the tractor yet. Once it is fixed, I'll have two-three weeks solid long days back to back to catch up with everything.

More common that not with first year cows. Well, common enough anyway.

Told ya when you announced on getting cows it would put a crimp in taking off and traveling, there's always some crap happens.

Still not sure if I can make the gtg or not, not looking great, way behind on stuff and the expensive mechanic doesn't have the parts to fix the tractor yet. Once it is fixed, I'll have two-three weeks solid long days back to back to catch up with everything.

Yeah.......I knew I would end up tied to the farm when I started this. We just got more land too.......and there's a lot of work to do there.
It got to a point for me where I could farm full time and quit welding or quit running cattle. I quit running cattle and had more money and less aggravation. Now with the prices the way they were I wished I kept all my stuff that was paid for[emoji45]

I have all these saws apart in my shop needing to be worked on and just no time to do it. I was hoping to have a couple of MS660s put together by the GTG but that's looking less likely. I was in OH all last week and leaving in less than two days for NY. I'm trying to build up motivation now to string trim... It's a jungle out there!

My son got home from the U. S. Coast Guard Academy today and I talked him into pushing a mower around as a "workout" and I got on the FS80 and we fought back the jungle. There's more to do but at least we can tell where we were. One of the disadvantages of having a lot of "stuff" is that there's a lot of things to trim around. 8 trailers, 3 farm tractors, brush chipper, pallets, firewood piles and stacks, buildings (house + 3) lots of fence line, etc etc.

My son got home from the U. S. Coast Guard Academy today and I talked him into pushing a mower around as a "workout" and I got on the FS80 and we fought back the jungle. There's more to do but at least we can tell where we were. One of the disadvantages of having a lot of "stuff" is that there's a lot of things to trim around. 8 trailers, 3 farm tractors, brush chipper, pallets, firewood piles and stacks, buildings (house + 3) lots of fence line, etc etc.
I'll bring a fs550 and if anybody wants to get in the desert line a couple of laps with it will be the sweet ticket.

I'll bring a fs550 and if anybody wants to get in the desert line a couple of laps with it will be the sweet ticket.
There's going to be lots of cutting going on but not likely much grass, lol. Just think, two weeks from now, we'll be wrapping up, all tired and everything... I'm looking forward to it.

I can't wait. I'm all for trying out the fs550. I'll bring a few saws as well; redmax gz4000, g5000, dolmar 7900, husqvarna 346xp ported, 261, 262xp ported, 61/272xp. I look forward to playing with everyone else saws. Everybody get your chains ready,

Just bring the cow with you.
This crew needs a superviser/walking boss/task overseer.

Cows, pigs, livestock only give you trouble when you have something to do. My cousin said that everytime he had a date one of their more unruly sows would need to be brought into the farrowing house.

I am trying to arrange my little world of insanity so the wife and i can get to this one.

Yep. I vote bring the heifer and calf. We'll just set up some panels by the hangar. The interesting part will be the ride down in the van.

Warpig6

Back