Get well soon Brad Snelling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the prayers and kind words. I'm doing amazingly well, considering where I was just 4 days ago! I came home on Sunday, just two days after surgery. I was able to shower all by myself this afternoon, put real clothes on for the first time, and Lisa took me to Costco and Sam's Club with her. I rode the electric scooters around while she picked up a few things she needed. Yes, I drove under the influence, lol. No retail displays were damaged :)

My entire colon was removed durning a 5 hour surgery. I'm sporting a shiny new ileostomy bag. In 4-6 months they will create a j-pouch. It will be bypassed for an additional 2-3 months to allow it to heal. Finally, the bypass will be removed and I should be back to "normal" 6-9 months from now.

Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the prayers and kind words. I'm doing amazingly well, considering where I was just 4 days ago! I came home on Sunday, just two days after surgery. I was able to shower all by myself this afternoon, put real clothes on for the first time, and Lisa took me to Costco and Sam's Club with her. I rode the electric scooters around while she picked up a few things she needed. Yes, I drove under the influence, lol. No retail displays were damaged :)

My entire colon was removed durning a 5 hour surgery. I'm sporting a shiny new ileostomy bag. In 4-6 months they will create a j-pouch. It will be bypassed for an additional 2-3 months to allow it to heal. Finally, the bypass will be removed and I should be back to "normal" 6-9 months from now.
When you explain it, it sounds so much worse. Take it easy and listen to those docs!!

Back