Getting some burn marks under my Husky air cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point, I'm not sure what the Husqvarna warranty is supposed to cover or if it's worth a damn at all. Maybe it is just this dealer.
Warranty is only as good as the dealer.

Probably some ethanol issues in that big pile of saws to be repaired...

AT saw are OK for the most part, once ya learn how to start em. Most problems are operator error but some not.

Warranty is only as good as the dealer.

Probably some ethanol issues in that big pile of saws to be repaired...

AT saw are OK for the most part, once ya learn how to start em. Most problems are operator error but some not.

Ironically enough, this is the only place in the entire county that sells ethanol free gas at the pump. I guess they could be buying their fuel elsewhere.
Just the same, I think I'll be on the lookout for a pre-autotune 50-60cc Husky (whatever model that is). I never should have sold my minty MS261, even though it was a turd. I also think I may have to check out the other Husky dealer in the county. He's an additional 15 miles away, but may be worth the extra effort.

Ironically enough, this is the only place in the entire county that sells ethanol free gas at the pump. I guess they could be buying their fuel elsewhere.
Just the same, I think I'll be on the lookout for a pre-autotune 50-60cc Husky (whatever model that is). I never should have sold my minty MS261, even though it was a turd. I also think I may have to check out the other Husky dealer in the county. He's an additional 15 miles away, but may be worth the extra effort.
346xp, 357xp, 257xp, 262xp. Lot's of good pre-AT saws to chose from!

15 miles? I drive 45 miles one way to get to a decent Husky/Stihl dealer here. :)

LOL, I miss you turd!

IMG_0354_zpspbxwipoo.jpg

Not surprised by your experience. Not real sure what the dealer would about the plastic, replace the pieces it will mostly happen again, same with replacing the saw. Friction marks are not uncommon at all nor is the wear mark in the wire.

What was wrong with the pull start?

It busted about 3 months back. He originally had it fixed in 5 minutes for around $12, so no biggie. I assumed warranty would cover such things, but I guess it is dealer discretion. The pull cord was hanging way out of the slot. So it wasn't wound properly on the repair I guess. I would have done it myself, but I'm not a saw mechanic and not real fond of turning a wrench on anything unless it has electricity flowing through it. ;)

As far as the wire and wear marks, I've never seen that before on any saw I've owned (all Stihls). I know it probably looks like piddly $%^& to most. This particular saw was a huge expense for a side business (live edge furniture making) which is really more for fun than profit. I make extra money doing it, but I ain't getting rich for sure. Basically I want this thing to last because I know I can never justify buying another and I take care of it accordingly. If something is wearing out prematurely, I want to fix it before the headaches start. If somebody bought an expensive SUV or truck and the spark plug wire started rubbing a hole through the hood, you can bet that they'd be down at the dealership the next morning wanting answers. That's kind of how I'm looking at it. I'll just keep an eye on it till I can reinforce the wire like was mentioned earlier.

Thanks all!

For what it's worth, I've never had that kind of friction melted plastic on any of the 8-10 Huskys here. Only owned one 372 and didn't run it much though.

Okay, so I ran it down to the dealer this morning for him to take a look see. He was swamped with saw repairs and down a man, but agreed to check it out while I waited. He thought the melting was friction rubbing from air cover contact. He was a bit perplexed though that the air cover was super tight and didn't show any movement. His claimed Husky should have run the wire in from a different direction. His fix? "Keep an eye on it." :nofunny:

He checked out my pull start and agreed to fix it. I mentioned they had fixed it once before, that it was still under warranty and that I had actually paid for the parts before. He said "well, since you paid for it once before, I won't charge you today." At this point, I'm not sure what the Husqvarna warranty is supposed to cover or if it's worth a damn at all. Maybe it is just this dealer.

While I was waiting, I started to check out all the saws in for repair and their cards tied to each one. He was almost covered up with 372xp's BTW. Many looked to be pretty old and plenty ragged out. Lot's of logging here in this area. Lot's of "does not start." I noticed a 562xp sitting there with a "does not start easy/runs hot" written on the tag. I asked him about the Autotunes when he brought my saw back out and his response was "you don't want anything to do with those saws" and basically to stick with what I have. He sounded frustrated with the whole concept. I tried to get a little more out of him, but he kind of acted as if he'd already said too much. I like getting opinions from the shops actually having to repair them so that I know what to stay away from. User error on the Autotunes or design flaw? Not sure, but I think I'll stick with tried and true.

Interesting morning.
Yup we call them auto seize. Most of the time it has nothing to do with the operator. Even the 372 is set to lean from the factory. Rich in it up some and u will be fine

Latest posts

Back