Gloves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the way my son is, saves on gloves.... you guys are tougher than me.
Yea, and I have the cuts and splinters to prove it. best method I have found for removing pinesap is to use rubbing alcohol. Not only does it get rid of the sap, you get to feel the burn as it cleans out the cuts.

s-l1600.jpg

HexArmor Rig Lizard 2033 Insulated Work Gloves

That's the way my son is, saves on gloves.... you guys are tougher than me.
My son's wouldn't wear gloves ether ..I just figured they where a combination of stupid and too lazy to walk down to my toolbox and get a pair. My hands are my living..just like my eyes..I protect them religiously.

Yea, and I have the cuts and splinters to prove it. best method I have found for removing pinesap is to use rubbing alcohol. Not only does it get rid of the sap, you get to feel the burn as it cleans out the cuts.
Butter actually works good to remove pitch too (don't get to feel the burn though ;)) then just wash butter off with dish soap.

My son's wouldn't wear gloves ether ..I just figured they where a combination of stupid and too lazy to walk down to my toolbox and get a pair. My hands are my living..just like my eyes..I protect them religiously.
Well my son is definitely not stupid or lazy, his hands sweat a lot in gloves and he just doesn't like wearing them.

When the finger tips wear out on the leather gloves, I cut the fingers off a different pair and silicone them in place.. Save all the 'donor' gloves for spare parts..

For dealing with the stove and heat i buy the $9 brown welding gloves from Harbor frieght. Who buys those $70 fireplace gloves in catalogs? Lol.

CRC Brakekleen cuts pitch pretty good too, and includes the burn as well

bought last weekend
pigskin
comfortable

1/2 day splitting wood now they are a size larger cant keep em on my hands

Try the same glove only with the cotton cuff as opposed to the gauntlet type pictured. Keeps the chips out of the glove and they stay on better.

Back