Good Day in the Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, and I have fallen in love with mine all over again. I've owned the dang thing almost 10 years now, and it's like getting a new saw again.

Yeah we have the ash bore as well as the long haired Asian beetle. Because of those the NYS DEC has banned the transport of firewood more than 50 miles unless the wood is kilned.

Do you guys have the Emerald Ash Boar down there yet?

If not, prepare for a mass influx of ash firewood...

Nice logs though

Our conservation department hasn't found them in my area yet but they have found them as close 50 miles from me. They're on their way:nofunny: The majority of my woods are white ash, gonna suck when they get here.

Ash is hit or miss up here, lots of big stands though. It is to the point around here the townships are just cutting all the ash down

Ash is hit or miss up here, lots of big stands though. It is to the point around here the townships are just cutting all the ash down

They're doing the same thing in affected areas here. They're trying to stop the insects by knocking down their food.

They're doing the same thing in affected areas here. They're trying to stop the insects by knocking down their food.
The trees also go stone dead within a year and get real dangerous. I noticed cutting a few down. You cant bee too liberal with notches or anything. The tree will look fine but the middle is all punk

The trees also go stone dead within a year and get real dangerous. I noticed cutting a few down. You cant bee too liberal with notches or anything. The tree will look fine but the middle is all punk

Thanks for the intel, definitely good to know considering I'm sure I'll be having to deal with the standing dead trees. Which by the way I don't enjoy cutting down due to their unpredictability.

Gotta get Squatch motivated! Maybe we can bribe him with some food and maybe let him run his saw a little??? LMAO! :laugh:

But we can't let him touch our 57's.... one of ours might come up morphed into a 55!

Latest posts

Back