Good Day in the Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ash is hit or miss up here, lots of big stands though. It is to the point around here the townships are just cutting all the ash down

I was at a Ministry meeting. All the ash trees are slated to be taken down. I know of several blokes that have won bids to take them down, 1 in Brampton and another in Toronto. Trees taken down and then hauled away to be chipped. I have been called out to trees that have just collapsed. Less then 6 months after they detected the signs the tree when tits up and fell. It does not look good..

Anyone having beech trees die off in their area? Something is destroying them around here. They aren't dying as fast as an ash but almost every beech we come across is dying, big and small alike.

Anyone having beech trees die off in their area? Something is destroying them around here. They aren't dying as fast as an ash but almost every beech we come across is dying, big and small alike.

Yeah. It is some sort of fungus, forget what it is called. They all go super hollow. Make them super unpredictable

Back