Got a Little Cherry

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's pretty much cleaned up. The friend I cleaned the mess up for is our Vet. She has 300 acres and raises race horses. The Vet clinic is at a different location, and is only 1 acre. She has a monster burn pile, I've been dumping brush on it for about five years now. It's easily as big as two houses. The local fire department lets it get so big then tells her to light it up so they can practice. it will all get burn, but, probably not for a couple more years. Here's my last trailer load, all Poison Ivy, and the area where the tree was. I still need to rake up, but I'm takeing a few days off, Joe.

I've got to admit, the last picture does look nicer than the first picture. I told her I would make the lot look like a Park, all bushes trimmed like lolly pops. Only problem, all the people in the apartments across the street will bring their dogs over to the park, to poop. Removing the tree was a separate job. Trimming the bushes is $250 a day, as long as it takes, Joe.

That's an insane amount of poison ivy! My body is swelling just thinking about it.

If you burn poison ivy your going to seriously hurt anyone near by breathing in the stuff through the smoke. It's no joke.

Spraying it with weedkiller is a better idea than cutting or burning and the only way besides ripping it out by hand to get rid of it. The stuff you cut will only grow back stronger.

Back