• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Grapple Truck Wanted.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Causton

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anybody have or know of a smaller grapple truck (under 26,000#) for sale in the Pacific Northwest Area (Seattle, Wa.). I am looking for one, don't need pretty, just the ability to load stuff up and move it. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks, James.

You are probably going to have a problem finding one under CDL. The truck hd bed and boom put it so close you wont have any pay load. And a grapple truck has to have a higher strength frame spec it will rip a light frame up and not b road worthy. If you can get a cdl get one you wont regret it opens up a lot of equipment options. There are quite a few light truck K booms out there for fairly cheap you will find them under cranes if you look on the sites. Slow but light with good lift capacities.

You are probably going to have a problem finding one under CDL. The truck hd bed and boom put it so close you wont have any pay load. And a grapple truck has to have a higher strength frame spec it will rip a light frame up and not b road worthy. If you can get a cdl get one you wont regret it opens up a lot of equipment options. There are quite a few light truck K booms out there for fairly cheap you will find them under cranes if you look on the sites. Slow but light with good lift capacities.

Hi , thanks for the reply, you are right, it is something I could have, should have years ago. And obviously your points regarding payload etc: are very valid. Seems to me though back in the '80's and early '90's there were a heck of a lot of light duty grapples and hoists being run by small construction, landscape, trash hauling and tree companies, but they all disappeared.
Anyway I am off down to the local Dept Licensing tomorrow and start the ball rolling.

Back