green machine chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomdcoker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought five chainsaws yesterday. One was a green machine 7200, unfamiliar with this saw, found it on acres site. That is all the information I can find. Piston and cylinder look great, no pull rope so could not check compression. Saw looks to be well built. Acre's site lists it as green machine HMC, was this saw made by another company as some of the other saws Poulan, Craftsman, etc.. Thinking about resurrecting it for my use (small, light, 32 cc). One thing that I am going to need is top av mount. Has any one had any experience with this saw if so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

HMC was a company out of Torrence, CA. I believe they were owned by Deere for a while, but I don't if they are still around. I have three of their weedeaters, and they were pretty good. Don't know anything about the saws tho, and until now I didn't know they even existed. If you decide not to mess with it, let me know. I may be interested in getting it off you. Maybe trade you one of my little Jonsereds.......

I think I will keep it for now. It has a sticker on it where it was sold or serviced in a town about seventy five miles from me. I will try to call them tomorrow to see if they have any information. Thanks for the reply Tom

tomdcoker, It a nice saw. It was manufactured by Zenoah now the RedMax company. Some parts are still available from RedMax. I sold them back in the 80's around here to farmers and fence builders who used them to build wooden fences. They came out with a small nose bar and they had enough power to cut with the nose of the bar with a good safety chain installed. If you can't find parts locally , I will try to help.

Okay Tom. If you change your mind, let me know. I've always been interested in the oddball brands like that. Both my Jonis are running saws, just don't use 'em anymore.

Thanks Uwharrie, I am going to Memphis tomorrow and there is a Redmax Dealer in Horn Lake that I buy saws from. I will check with him on parts. Thanks again. Tom

Broken mount

The 3M Marine 5200 is indeed the strongest adhesive I've ever came across too. However, you might want to look for a similar mount from another machine, because when you glue that 5200 in, it will never come out and other parts of your machine will me marked for good. I just bought a 7200 chainsaw and will be needing parts too, for sure the starter cover, so I can use your help

There is also two other parts sources besides redmax and redmax being the best. However the chinese have a copy of that saw. Also Alpina has that saw in there line now. of course they are both not in America but they could be had if needed.

Green machine 7200

I should have thought about that before, it seems like the chinese have their own version of everything under the sun. How is the chinese brand called?

The top av mt number is #720306
The starter cover number #727302
starter assy. #727301
rope guide eyelet #727304
spring# 727310
pulley# 170030

Green Machine 7200

The top av mt number is #720306
The starter cover number #727302
starter assy. #727301
rope guide eyelet #727304
spring# 727310
pulley# 170030

Thanks Fish,
I have not received the saw just yet, I expect it today or later this week, but I know for sure that I need the starter cover. I would like to have the part numbers for the coil, piston, piston rings and cylinder, just in case I have to start digging. Can you email a digital copy of that manual, or maybe even fax it for a fee?
Thanks again
Fred

Back