Grilled then Baked Ribs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a good looking dry rub I am going to throw on a rack of ribs tomorrow.

I have had good luck with the baked ribs from the store. 30 minutes at 500 degrees then 90 minutes at 300 degrees (wrapped the whole time).

But would it work similar to grill for 30 minutes with some good wood chips on the coals? Then bake (wrapped) for 90 minutes?

Right, I only wrapped them in the oven.

If you go back through the grilling thread I posted pics a few days ago. Turned out well.

I have a good looking dry rub I am going to throw on a rack of ribs tomorrow.

I have had good luck with the baked ribs from the store. 30 minutes at 500 degrees then 90 minutes at 300 degrees (wrapped the whole time).

But would it work similar to grill for 30 minutes with some good wood chips on the coals? Then bake (wrapped) for 90 minutes?
Yep.
When the weather is really crappy, that's how I do mine.
I don't like them as much as on the smoker but my wife thinks they're just as good.

Yep.
When the weather is really crappy, that's how I do mine.
I don't like them as much as on the smoker but my wife thinks they're just as good.
These turned out pretty well (posted pics in the grilling thread). Could have used more rub and more smoke but definitely very good for a first try.

Plus we both shot bucks the next morning so it must have been a lucky pre-hunt dinner :)

These turned out pretty well (posted pics in the grilling thread). Could have used more rub and more smoke but definitely very good for a first try.

Plus we both shot bucks the next morning so it must have been a lucky pre-hunt dinner :)

Here's a slab I did in the oven, after about 30 minutes of smoke. I added a little extra brown sugar, at my wife's request. I loosely wrapped them in foil but left the top open. 2 to 2 1/2 hours at 250, in a convection oven.
Congrats on the deer!

image.jpg

That's the crust I am going for!!!
Try leaving the top uncovered.
You can also hit them with the broiler for a few minutes before you pull them out. Just be careful, it's easy to immolate the top, if you leave them too long.......it doesn't take much.
I've also added brown sugar after cooking, and caramelized the sugar with a propane torch.

Latest posts

Back