GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that being said, there is a family that makes high quality wooden handled pickaroons to whatever length you want (at very fair prices).

I would like to know where to get a longer handle pickaroon hookaroon. Logrite make an aluminum 48". I am a bit vertically challenged so longer handle would help.

I like all your points. I would comment on the highlighted parts. Gravity is your friend if it can be done. Also, John's trailer has smooth flat wood at the bottom of the log landing area (after bucking). With a little saw dust it is slick as snot. I can slide a round from one end of the trailer to the other with relative ease. With that being said, there is a family that makes high quality wooden handled pickaroons to whatever length you want (at very fair prices). There is a link on another site (if I can find it) if you are interested. I don't think a long pickaroon is needed on John's trailers if you have 3 splitters surrounding it; unless, of course, you want to steal that cherry sized, straight grained round from the other splitter :)
I saw nothing...
And have no idea what you're talking about...
:rolleyes:

For those who want to build one, if you want an opinion of your design before you build it, I would be happy to look them over & give you feed back hopefully saving you some of the "growing pains" experienced during the development of this one.

I think that is is a very nice system. The ability to fold, and adjustable heights/angles are features that I would like to see in a 'deluxe' model. There are some firewood processors, and certain types of HD construction equipment, that have these abilities, typically using hydraulics, as someone noted above, and locking pins. My comment was not meant to be critical of a very nicely built trailer, but to suggest some 'stretch goals' that someone might be able to incorporate.

As I recall there was some threads on the building of this trailer, and of the fixed height stands. Can anyone post links to look at the design and development of these?

Thanks.

Philbert

P.S. - I think that Interfaith Care Givers could use something like this full time!

I would like to know where to get a longer handle pickaroon hookaroon. Logrite make an aluminum 48". I am a bit vertically challenged so longer handle would help.

I will try to find it. It is on FHC. Might be the same one Philbert is referring to. I plan on ordering a shorter pickaroon from them when I get the chance. For some reason the FHC website is blocked at my work. I did not know Logrite made a 48", although I am not surprised. Can't go wrong with Logrite.

I like the gravity feed..
Wouldn't change that..
I think everything from this point may be refinement..
It's not made for great big logs..
Those pose their own set of problems to deal with...
18 inch and smaller are not bad....... anything bigger can be hell on wheels
i had some 20" rounds that I slammed to the deck of the trailer (after cutting so they wouldnt get away)and slid them down , with Thomas watching and waiting
and still about took him out!

I started a new thread only for the argument, improvement, (slight) of the bucking trailer.

Latest posts

Back