GTG at Tree Monkey's DEC. 6 Augusta, WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesson learned is to use pallet forks to load the bucking trailer.

The root bucket with grapple did not allow the logs to be set down on the bucking stand, instead they had to roll from the bucket which gave the loader operator less control of the log. Without pallet forks only one log at a time could be loaded on the bucking trailer.

Again logs over 24" diameter on the large end should not be processed on the bucking trailer.

Ya'll did a great thing for Scott! I commend each and every one that attended and did what you did to help him!!

No kidding. The administration on AS won't allow the name of the website to be posted.

AS and CR are linked all the time over there. They are not blocked at all..

Valuable info is great. As long as it is relevant and consistent with the thread/OP.

Ya'll did a great thing for Scott! I commend each and every one that attended and did what you did to help him!!

AS and CR are linked all the time over there. They are not blocked at all..

Valuable info is great. As long as it is relevant and consistent with the thread/OP.

Explain that to Judge Judy :)

homer-doh.jpg

The bucking trailer will hold larger logs but the huge amount of energy in the larger rounds as they fall increase the risk of someone getting hurt so they are just not a safe option.
I agree. We probably should've had a plan to deal with them on the ground away from the main setup. I started to quarter the large rounds on the trailer but one guy started yelling that they didn't roll onto the splitter table and the noodles were making a mess.. Moved to noodling them on the ground and got an earful because then a guy has to deadlift the chunks to the splitter table..

All in all the bucking trailer works awesome, I was very impressed and would be hard pressed to change anything.

Sorry we didn't get more of a chance to talk. Damn slave drivers.

Thanks for the stogie and for not backing over me when you left. ;)
I wish I had more time to hang out and chat. Arriving late and leaving early, I want to get something done while there.
Kinda funny, I was talking with Steve NE WI for about ten minutes thinking it was you. It was all good, I've been wanting Steve NW WI also. He's got a neat Wheel Horse/ mobile hydraulic power unit project he is working on(please post some pictures). It wasn't until I bought up the subject of cigars, then I realized, wrong Steve. I look forward to the next GTG some we can catch up on the BS'n. There were are a lot of people there I'd like to get to know better. Scott's stories were cool. It was all I could do to peel myself away and get back to work.

Back