hammock suspension ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm currently using a prusik setup to adjust my hammock while backpacking. I would love a mini 8 belay device or such to easily lock/unlock/adjust the length. I thought of a rope grab but it would need to handle 5mm rope, be economical and small. A ropeman might be an option. I'd rather just find a mini 8 and soft lock it. Soooo.... anyone know the smallest 8 there is? Or a better friction hitch? Or something that will lock on a carabiner? Or have any suggestions? Thanks!

https://www.dutchwaregear.com/#/product/49

Whoopie slings are lightweight, adjustable, and inexpensive. You can buy them for just a few bucks than it costs to make them.

I have a whoopie sling made out of dynaglide to adjust my ridgeline, and suspension made of amsteel blue. Just make sure you have 1" poly webbing tree straps, because hanging on the amsteel alone can damage the tree.

All things considered, probably lighter and cheaper than any ropeman or other mechanical device!

Back