Hardy Outdoor Boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Groat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I picked up a used, in good shape, Hardy H2.

I have downloaded the manual and am going through it, but the wiring instructions are not very good. Can anybody give me some good pointers? I have a lot of work to do yet before the wiring comes but I want to get it ready to go.

Also, this unit calls for the thermostat wire to go all the way out to the stove to turn the pump on and off. Any chance I can just run the pump full time on this unit?

I don't have a Hardy but I have my pumps inside and run them 24/7 with no issues. You'll be running wiring to the owb anyway so running a bigger conduit and running a thermostat wire in it won't be a big expense. I ran a extra 4" conduit to mine and put 2 pull ropes in it in case I want to do something later. I plan to build some kind of building around it so now I can pull whatever wire I need easily. Mine is a short run too though.

Mine is 60 foot from the house, so relatively short. I will run the thermostat wire.

I have a Hardy. Are you talking about the wiring for the thermostat wires or the power? The power is simple, just wire into the GFI outlet. I ran the thermostat wires out to it to turn the pump on only when there's a call for heat. I like it. No sense losing any heat from the water anywhere when it's not needed. I might be able to get a picture of the tstat wires if needed. I had to have a heating and cooling friend help wire it up inside the house furnace. It took him all of 5 minutes maybe. That was tracing wires to see where they went. I love the way the domestic hot water is heated also. No pump and unlimited hot water.

Haha.

On the Facebook there was a guy selling tickets for some play at the gay bar in Anchorage. The tickets said (I kid you not) "enter in the rear". I made a comment on it, I guess it offended the gays. Oh darn

Well, somebody has to say it.

A quote from Ryan " Pictures of the back of your unit would be great"
Well that's just nuts.

Get it, you said unit? It's been a long day.

Haha.

On the Facebook there was a guy selling tickets for some play at the gay bar in Anchorage. The tickets said (I kid you not) "enter in the rear". I made a comment on it, I guess it offended the gays. Oh darn

Man rough crowd in here. lol

Please no back door pictures, entering in the rear, or of any bodily units. lol

However pictures of your Hardy Woodboiler, with back panel taken off would be awesome.

I've had a Hardy for 25 years now. The thermostat wires are run to the outside unit. So the pump only runs when heat is needed.

Only had to replace 1 pump and 1 blower fan. Last year the grates finally collapsed so I fabricated new ones.

Latest posts

Back