Has stumpy left the building?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't normally kick hornets nests, but...

he stopped porting saws after the fire and subsequent rebuild of his shop?
He ported a lot of saws after the fire. He set up shop in the chicken coop & did his best work there. I don't know the whole story of why he stopped, but there where multiple reasons...

100_2267.jpg

practical and useful way of attaching degreeing wheel though, I wouldn't have thought of that. Very little runout on a good quality drill chuck.

practical and useful way of attaching degreeing wheel though, I wouldn't have thought of that. Very little runout on a good quality drill chuck.
Very little runout with the cheap chucks and it helps if you mod the key to about long tee handle length so you can reach behind. Ken

No, he is not porting chainsaws anymore. He hasn't posted here since April 2013; same with SHs. I do not know him personally but know someone who does. Do you need to contact him for something other than porting a chainsaw?

No I talked to him about porting my saw a while ago and just was trying to get in contact with him to see if he was still interested. As I read the other posts I guess not. Thanks guys.

Why do all the chainsaw porters end up spinning out like the old time top hat makers that handled lead day in day out? Is their something in the nickasil coating? Just a thought

Why do all the chainsaw porters end up spinning out like the old time top hat makers that handled lead day in day out? Is their something in the nickasil coating? Just a thought

Hatters used to get sick from the mercury used to felt fur hats. Modders might get sick from grinding aluminum. While controversial, some believe that is a correlation between exposure to aluminum and Alzheimers disease.

Who all spun out? I've done ported 14.5 saws and I'm willing to do at least 1.75 more.

Stumpy built me 2 saws that are as good or better than anybodys , its a shame hes not around anymore.. he was a fun dude.

Damn straight Ryan. The Stumpmiester could build a fine saw.

Stumpy would be in the top 3 or so builders by now if he hadn't of quit.

Again.......

Damn Straight.

Stumpy is building top tier mud buggies these days. Saws were too far below his pay grade it seems.

Who all spun out? I've done ported 14.5 saws and I'm willing to do at least 1.75 more.

Damn straight Ryan. The Stumpmiester could build a fine saw.

Again.......

Damn Straight.

Stumpy is building top tier mud buggies these days. Saws were too far below his pay grade it seems.
Seems like you and Brad are the only 2 of many that have not not lol.

Back