Hauling Rounds on ATV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wood is also hidden/frozen at this point LOL. I will stick to my original plan of getting it when I am back there for other reasons.

The wood is also hidden/frozen at this point LOL. I will stick to my original plan of getting it when I am back there for other reasons.

Alright I have you a solution that will be easier than moving your house back there. Buy about a mile or so of triple wall pipe, and all the materials you need to build an OWB. Burn the oak on site and just pipe the heat home. Oh and you're gonna need a pretty strong blower, too.

I prefer to be paid in cash for my consulting services so just let me know when you're headed towards Indiana.

2000 yamaha kodiak. It has a traditional axle and that plate will not work.
Take a pic of the back of the atv so we can see if someone can come up with an idea for a hitch receiver.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I thought that through the other night.

A guy just needs to unbolt the cast hitch and fabricate a steel hitch to bolt into place.
Mine had a cheasy flat hitch (no 2" receiver) i made a recever for it. Then over worked when jerkin logs out. I did a quick ugly reinforcing repair to get me back goin that day and been goin strong since.
Im sure with all us on here we could figire somethin out.

What I really should do is buy another wheeler that's a little newer and already has one.

I have to see what the kids are thinking for fall sports. If a few of them are going to be free on weekends I may do that. I could cash in a few chainsaws and cover most of the cost.

What I really should do is buy another wheeler that's a little newer and already has one.

I have to see what the kids are thinking for fall sports. If a few of them are going to be free on weekends I may do that. I could cash in a few chainsaws and cover most of the cost.

Man, an Arctic Cat TBX sure would be slick in that situation, there not much cheaper than a side by side though.

Trail upgrade sounds like the way to go. Several years ago Cantoo mentioned that the snowmobile trails near him have utilized old semi flatbed trailers as bridges. Now that would be a project. You could use large timbers like crane mats are made of, and bolted up. Salvaged bar joists, steel beams, etc.

I'll have the boys take a pic of the hitch setup we used on those 400's. It's all we ran for shop machines and we would load them down so heavy I would have to sit on the front rack to steer. One of the best ATV's ever built.

508696745.jpg
508696752.jpg
508696762.jpg
508696757.jpg

Thousands of boats, trailers, watercraft hauled.

The box instead of a back rack

I believe it's also around a foot longer wheelbase, that would be good for going up/downhill but of course your breakover angle suffers. Arctic Cat's seem to be real workhorses as well compared to some other brands so it's something I keep an eye on. Got a motorcycle that just sits around collecting dust, would be wise of me to sell or trade in on something like this. My decision making skills are rather poor though, so maybe that's why I have yet to act on one.

Latest posts

Back