Heads up, Menards has Fiskars Super Splitting axes on sale for $31.95!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshed

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This is the heavier 4 1/2 pound variety, 28 in. handle. Bought one yesterday, been wanting one for a while and almost bought one off of ebay for $50, glad I waited. Superb construction and heavy enought to split pretty much anything you want.

Scott

Jan/Feb is a good time to buy. Got mine for $15 so I bought two of them and an axe and a hatchet.

Seen the same sale since, but the supers weren't included.

TS

We were at a Mernard's grand opening yesterday and noticed the drop, figured it to be a just for that store, they were $40 a month ago when I got mine, oh well. My handle extension project is underway, I value my toes and shins.

Fiskars

Has anyone actually made an extension handle for the super splitter? I have been holding off on buying one because of the length (I am 6'5" and I like a longer splitter). I am thinking with the hollow handle you could cut down a hickory axe handle and made use some epoxy to secure it. Just an idea. But in anyone has any pictures or other ideas I am all ears.

Back