Heavy Husqy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickhound93

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Let it be known im a stihl guy, but i do want other brands, would love to own husqys and dolmars and jonsreds, just havent found them yet. While at a farm store with the girlfriend and her family, i somehow convinved the woman i needed to go look at saws, they sell husqvarna and echo. Knowing nothing about the brands i went and fouund the biggest saws they had, the husqy was the first up, found the biggest, with a 20 inch bar, hefted it and thought man this thing must be something, and then i saw the tag that said it was only 60cc.. then went to the echo and picked it up, 20 inch bar, and man it felt good, but at sub 60 cc. Now, I know that my stihls are regarded as heavy for the displacement, but when my o46 with a 28 inch bar feels LIGHT compared to a 60cc husqy? what gives? matbe light isnt the word but i know the heft of my 046 means ccs. The heft of the husqy just felt like pure weight, I was kind of off put by the weight to cc ratio of the husqy and echo. i know im comparing different brands, different grades, and 2 decades worth of age difference, but really? I know heavy. My big wood saw is an old 750 homelite with a 3 foot bar. Any one else think the same?

I knew someone would ask me that question and the answer is I dont remember. In all fairness to the woman, i spent as least amount of time in that aisle as i could, just the same as she spends time with me in the decor or clothing or heaven help us the ring department, the echo i know i dont remember, And forgive me if i make all husqy guys cringe but is there a 540 or 560 xp? those numbers seem to ring a bell.

I just checked the specs of both the 460 rancher, and the MS460... 12.8 lbs. vs. 14.6 lbs.
I know it wasnt a 4xx series, it was a 5xx something, And like i said excuse me for my ignorance of husqvarna, let my posts be proof that i have not said anything too bad about them... yet. If they merit poor reviews on my part i will say so. I just KNOW i am missing something, none of the husqvarnas i have handled have even come close to comparing to weight, quality or feel as that of a stihl, but sadly the only husqys i come into contact with are sold at box stores... i couldnt distinguish a good husy from a bad husqy. But there is a reason some guys like husqy over stihl. i just want to see what yall are talking about as to why a husqy is a competitor with stihl, where i am from the only competion for a stihl is a saw sold in a cardboard box. be that a husqvarna, a poulan or MY VERY FIRST earthquake saw i saw on the local farm store shelf.

Yeah thats whats I was thinking The 562
they'll shoot me if i'm wrong.
I picked up a few and thought the same. It may of had some ice and snow in it but its not as light as you would think. I guess its finally turned out to be quite a good saw these days.

All i know is it was a 5xx series saw. I always knew i should start carying a note pad with me to write things down, but thats just another thing to make me feel old. hell i cant see ****, my hair fell out when i was 17, maybe its time i just accept the fact that i am no longer the high school football star and get with the middle age world.. Ah sorry but i can still get away with some ignorance right guys?

oh and btw cgraham1, i have seen dolmars before, but aint none that look like yours, that thing is almost to pretty to use... almost. I wish my pride and joy saws were that pretty :(

All i know is it was a 5xx series saw. I always knew i should start carying a note pad with me to write things down, but thats just another thing to make me feel old. hell i cant see ****, my hair fell out when i was 17, maybe its time i just accept the fact that i am no longer the high school football star and get with the middle age world.. Ah sorry but i can still get away with some ignorance right guys?

Apsolutly not! the football dream my be over but you can paint on some hair carry a smart phone and become a Timber Faller...erm wait... how heavy was the saw

Here you go...

http://www.farmandfleet.com/m/s/?keyword=husqvarna

The biggest saw I seeing the website is a 460 Rancher.... They are about equivalent to a stihl MS290. Heavy, and underpowered. Definitely not a Pro type saw.
I know what i know and i know what i dont know, and i know the 460 aint it because i have heard that number before, im sorry guys that i cant put the number down, maybe one of you husqy guys will take a lowly stihl for a trade on a mighty husqy so you can show me the light ;)

Apsolutly not! the football dream my be over but you can paint on some hair carry a smart phone and become a Timber Faller...erm wait... how heavy was the saw
Not that d**mn heavy. And yeah i have the smart phone... or confusing piece of Sh*t as i call it. I fired up the 750 today, with the 3' bar.. to cut an 18 inch piece of hickory.. yeah weight aint an issue.

I know what i know and i know what i dont know, and i know the 460 aint it because i have heard that number before, im sorry guys that i cant put the number down, maybe one of you husqy guys will take a lowly stihl for a trade on a mighty husqy so you can show me the light ;)
I like them all. I have Husqvarnas, a Dolmar, Jonsereds, and I even have a couple of 'lowly Stihls'...
image.jpg image.jpg

Latest posts

Back