Help! Bolts snapped in case Poulan 3400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me also. I am in a hospital room using the slowest network in the history of the internet on an intel atom processor based machine with a small screen. Pictures load painfully slow and I can't see much of anything when they do load. By the time it comes up on the screen I forgot what it is supposed to be a picture of. :badpc:

I will have to look at them on my 27 inch monitor when I get home this evening to see what Mark is talking about. He has seen so many of those saws he can probably tell what is "normal" much easier than than most of us.:yes:

Hope your doing better this evening Stephen.

Wow I thought this was a friendly and helpful forum, clearly I was wrong.
I here ya, you notice I bit my tongue. For me, thats not easy, but I'm not going to lower myself to that level over stupid, childish comments. Uh oh, you're gettin' me goin' Squatch.

You're right, this IS a friendly and helpful forum FOR THE MOST PART, don't let one sour grape get to ya and have a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY!

I here ya, you notice I bit my tongue. For me, thats not easy, but I'm not going to lower myself to that level over stupid, childish comments. Uh oh, you're gettin' me goin' Squatch.

You're right, this IS a friendly and helpful forum FOR THE MOST PART, don't let one sour grape get to ya and have a VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY!

You didn't bite your tongue. Your the one who came up with the snappy reply about refusing to be suspect. That one made me laugh as like I said, you cannot change what someone else thinks.

Lots of folks here are helpful, but its not helpful when they give advice to something they don't know what there talking about.

You need to RE-READ, and after that, if you still don't get it, then there's no hope.

By the way, those are nice bars you have for sale, Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

You need to RE-READ, and after that, if you still don't get it, then there's no hope.

By the way, those are nice bars you have for sale, Mark

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Thanks and same to you.

My reading comprehension is just fine, its the putting it down on paper that is hard for me at times.

This part, "My post was merely a suggestion as to how to remove a small broken off bolt, not to determine if it is actually broken or not." I understand completely. You were trying to be helpful.

You don't understand my point though, that it was unnecessary to even post it. We don't know who this newbie is and next thing you know he might have been out trying to drill imaginary bolts out of a perfectly good case.

I am at times blunt, to the point and don't really care about being politically correct. That rubs people the wrong way at times. I never worry about that thin skinned stuff.

Here let me explain this to those not familiar with this model saw and what was really going on.

The OP saw the two holes in the corner of the crankcase and thought the recoil cover screws broke off when he removed them.

The holes in the case are made there to match the two studs cast into the recoil housing to line it up to the case. The recoil screws actually straddle the tank and screw into holes behind it.

Recoil bolts explained.jpg

No problem Mark, I do appreciate your explanation.

I did blow those pics up yesterday, on the real puter, and I could clearly see that the bolts did not look broken, however, it still wasn't clear to me what was going on in the hole. If you would have explained that to begin with, we wouldn't have been spittin' on each other's boots.

I've always had respect for you because of your knowledge and informative posts and now we can continue to carry on in that manner.

By the way, I don't think it was ever mentioned as to what saw this is...appears to be John Deere colors?

Here let me explain this to those not familiar with this model saw and what was really going on.

The OP saw the two holes in the corner of the crankcase and thought the recoil cover screws broke off when he removed them.

The holes in the case are made there to match the two studs cast into the recoil housing to line it up to the case. The recoil screws actually straddle the tank and screw into holes behind it.

View attachment 387890
Gosh Mark, you can draw nice straight lines and print real neat. Is that part of some software? Shows exactly what I was trying to state earlier.
Bob

That one pic that shows a hole left of the fuel cap looks kinda like it is broken off flush with the surface. I guess I'd have to see it in person to really tell, pics sometimes don't show a lot, except the pictures of the screws, they look okay.

Back