Help identify. Huss Log splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RISurfer20

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Huss log splitter and I am looking for info or even a manual on the splitter. The manufacturer is Huss Sales Inc. from Toledo, Ohio. It's called Abe's Baby #10101. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Abe's Baby log splitter

Just wondering if you ever received any info about your Abe's Baby log splitter. I picked one up at an estate sale a couple of years ago. Mine is built low to the ground and has run great for me until something (looks like the head of a rivit) got into the pump and jammed the gears. The obstruction gouged into the pump wall. I removed the obstruction, cleaned up the wall as best I could and reassembled the splitter. Now I get very little pressure on the ram. I assume I need to repair or replace the pump but I can't find any maker name or model numbers and I'm not sure what size/volume I need to get.

I would appreceiate any info or help you can provide. Thanks

Pumps are pretty much universal if you can find some numbers or if you know what hp the motor is northern tool,surpluscenter has pumps.

Thanks for the great info and such a quick response Fifelaker. Maybe I will be able to split some wood before snow buries the wood pile.

I'll update this thread once I get the splitter up and running to let you know how it works.

Thanks again.

Back