Help me decide: Stihl 066 Magnum vs. MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
066=SCREAMER, 660=yawn...ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I believe the 066's without the decomp. lever had up to .8 more hp??
Must be some truth to that.
My dealer has a stock 066 w/out the decomp. It's an animal! My ported TW372 can barley keep up with it on timmed cuts. Oh I've tried to buy it from him, no way will he sell it though.:cry:
I'd much rather race a stock MS660, they're easy.:cheers:

Now you've distracted me with your 1911 !! Is it a Kimber ?

:arg:

At least you highjacked YOUR OWN thread Brother!
(and a good one too...I LOOOOOOOVE my 066 and my 660s)

The 1911 in my avatar is a Colt Government Model, .45 acp, which is my usual carry. I practice a lot with it, and enjoy the feel and power of a full-size 1911semi-auto. It originally belonged to my father, who was an accomplished and decorated marksman. He passed away about 2 years ago, so the Colt Gov has even more special value to me.

Must be some truth to that.
My dealer has a stock 066 w/out the decomp. It's an animal! My ported TW372 can barley keep up with it on timmed cuts. Oh I've tried to buy it from him, no way will he sell it though.:cry:
I'd much rather race a stock MS660, they're easy.:cheers:

+1, In my little bit of expierence with both, the 066 wasn't just a bit stronger than the 660, it felt significantly stronger...more so than the difference an unrestricted muffler would account for.

Back