Help me fill a Toolbox for member Hoskvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a 'new guy' here, however, not new by any means. Lurked for quite a long time. Is there a LIST of tools he NEEDS and then we can work on the optional parts? I have some nice Craftsman Sockets, and other tools that are NEW or like new since that is the way I treat my gear. Metric or standard tools? Computer? I have a Ford VCM... I mean. If I had a shop it would be awesome. No room and I use most of my tools once a month.

Just got rid of all my 18V cordless Dewalt set and upgraded to the full Dewalt 18v/20v MAX slide tools in the lithium flavor. My truck is my shop.

What kind of work does he do?

In the OP, you could put a list of what has been donated or similar.

User in question http://www.arboristsite.com/community/members/hoskvarna.64765/

Welcome to the madness skygear!

Mark is a Farmer in Iowa, therefore just about anything goes.
But if I was to recommend it would be general hand tools that you would use
to keep farm equipment up and running.

I just received a 3pc cresent wrench set yesterday donated by a member and
I know coby is donating a pair of channel locks.

Wrenches, sockets etc. would be gladly welcomed.

finally the compression tester arrived! I am going to fill a large priority flat rate box with tools and stuff and ship it out tuesday! I dont even know the man this stuff is going to but I am hoping that my kindness comes back to me someday if ever in need.

I'm a 'new guy' here, however, not new by any means. Lurked for quite a long time. Is there a LIST of tools he NEEDS and then we can work on the optional parts? I have some nice Craftsman Sockets, and other tools that are NEW or like new since that is the way I treat my gear. Metric or standard tools? Computer? I have a Ford VCM... I mean. If I had a shop it would be awesome. No room and I use most of my tools once a month.

Just got rid of all my 18V cordless Dewalt set and upgraded to the full Dewalt 18v/20v MAX slide tools in the lithium flavor. My truck is my shop.

What kind of work does he do?

In the OP, you could put a list of what has been donated or similar.

User in question http://www.arboristsite.com/community/members/hoskvarna.64765/

Welcome to AS.... Its like Hotel California

Filled, new compression tester, some gloves, some zip-ties, wire brushes, cheapy flashlight, hammer handle, safety glasses, small IFAK, .020safety wire, mixed sockets, some screwdrivers, metric snap-on 1/4 socket magnetic rack.. assorted drill bit set.

Chainsaw13feb 004.JPG

Nice!

So in that box I see some

Super 33 Tape (I like the Super 88 personally)
Bits
hammer handle
gloves first aid kit
toothbrushes for scrubbing
Solder? or accessory wire
Orange flat tool?
Red box compression tester!?
Ziplock bag with small parts?
Baggie with blue and white label?

Looks like a nice care package.
Appreciate the warm welcome all!

Got in touch with Mark and as things progress, I'll have a clearer picture of and if some specific items are necessary.

Just give us the GPS coordinates of the farm. Then everyone sort of local can donate their spare post hole diggers, t pole pounders, shovels, hammers, wedges, sledgehammers, pry bars, fencing tools, abused come alongs, old jack stands, buckets of logging chain, slightly abused 12-16ga outdoor extension cords, piles of tarps, partially used rolls of duct tape, 1st/2nd gen lithium bat pack power tools, last gen ni-cad power tools, surplus shop fans, old shop vacs, tree and vegetation slashing, cutting, and mutilation tools, buckets of surplus loaner hand tools, the "why did I buy this" sears/harbor freight/menards/lowes hand tools, hundred foot coils of garden hose, air hose, 14ga ungrounded romex, coax, totes of assorted lubricants, greases, epoxies, etc. (this is all figurative, it's not actually the pile of stuff left in my truck after the garage cleanout that I probably should be loading into the new garage, or the basement, honest!);)

Only problem, no barn to store it all. :p

Nice!

Looks like a nice care package.
Appreciate the warm welcome all!

Got in touch with Mark and as things progress, I'll have a clearer picture of and if some specific items are necessary.

I think I know one class of tool everyone will miss, because there never seems to be one good tool for c clips, or for e clips, those annoying crimp compression rings(I hope those are just auto, I really really hate those), then various pin extractors, pin presses, those things for rectangular pins, then those things you use for assembling joining links in chainsaw chain, motorcycle chain. Not to mention assorted evils for hydraulic lines, pex, compression ends for air lines, etc. And maybe a high quality double flaring tool connected by cobalt steel chain to a large anvil so it won't get stolen. :D

Of course, if I had any good tools for thing, I'd never give em to anyone. They'd go into a locked toolbox with a couple of angry rottweilers chained to it. :p And I suppose that's the problem. lol!

Yes it did Sir, a heavy box at that......filled with goodies!!

Thank-you for your donation.

And for anyone else there is still room in the box.......

What kind of tools are lacking? Screwdrivers? decent pliers? utility knives? knitting needles? Bunsen burner? Small nuclear reactor? Ford 6.0 Liter Diesel Injector removal tool? Cattle prod for the unruly neighbors?

Well, there was the bulk stuff I dropped off. A wedge pounder, a somewhat abused wrecking bar, a 2 ton come along, a small child catapult(which bills itself as an elastic tow cable for something, I think I used it once as a tiedown for an oddball object), an LED hand lamp with charger(poor diffusion up close, so I give it about half a second after turn on before someone screams OW! My eye my eye!), a set of punches I used for a week, until I found my other roll of punches, an oscillating tool and two batteries( a setting over 5 will run out the battery in 2-3 min, under that, perfectly fine. not a big deal, just flaky engineering), and probably some other odds and ends. I suppose I could count the 5 gallon bucket too. lol!

We will have a shop to be in.
80e1f7c2af4825d42c9a9b6da7d31dcd.jpg
365ef07070ea1ab8dc1457ceb436121b.jpg

Sent from hoskvarna hills

Back