Help me get unscrewed...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've checked some bore sizes by taking off the muffler stick a popsicle stick across the top of the piston Tug on the rope to make an indention then measure that with dial calipers

So the seller, who may have made a honest mistake, is out not only the money for the sale, but also his saw?
I don't think that's the case. I think eBay let him keep my money, they then reimbursed me and let me keep the saw. For the record, I do think it was an honest mistake. Although he refused to admit it with a lot of proof.

This story doesn't make sense.
Not sure what to tell ya, that's what happened.

I'll restate, when I spoke with the last person, he said that eBay would reimburse me for the cost of the saw + shipping , also that they were very sorry for the mistake that they made. They never said, "You will get YOUR money back." Then he said, "In fact, why don't you just keep the saw too, it will cost a fortune and be very difficult to send back." There was no mention of the seller being penalized for his actions. Remember, I had started the conversation with the fact that I didn't think he was out to screw me. I truly hope that is the case, I wasn't looking for a freebie, or to get the seller in trouble, I just wanted the saw that was advertised.

HarleyT, what does "summer troll" even mean? Yes, i am indeed, saying that eBay gave me $699.98, which was the purchase price + shipping. I'm also saying that they told me to keep the saw. Do you think I joined this site because I'm interested in learning to mill, or because I have nothing better to do than fabricate stories about purchases on eBay? Really?

$700 is a ton of money to pay for a used saw that old that hasn't been gone through.
I never said it was a intelligent purchase on my part. I def was excited to get my hands on an 075 and was a bit hasty with my purchase. That said, I'm new to this whole thing, $639 didn't seem too bad compared to some other prices I had seen.

Thanks Brad, I appreciate the input! I'm also really just starting to learn about small engines, I guess I've got my work cut out for me. :)

The only thing I would like to know for sure is whether the seller got bent over! :nofunny:

This thread makes me be glad that I have nothing listed on eBay.
This thread is also a good example to rather list items exactly as what they are and ensure loads of pictures to show the items condition rather than loosing funds and the item itself!

I agree, 700+$ is a lot of money for a saw that old, and the saw doesn't seem like the perfect choice for such hard working conditions like milling.

In the end I am glad for the buyer, but I also hope the seller didn't have to bite the bullet! o_O

I sold a few saws on eBay. Right up until a sold a healthy 460 and had the buyer complain about a stripped bar Stud. Meanwhile IT WAS mint when it left. eBay sided with him and I was out my money. I was told the saw will be returned but I never saw it again and after numerous calls to eBay I got nowhere. Ended up having to give up. Needless to say I no longer deal with eBay. Much more desirable model for less money. An 075 is one I walk past at garage sales if the price is anymore then $40 and even then it's gotta be clean. I'm a known hater of all those old ****** stihls though.

I just hate ebay sellers advertising with multiple tags.
Your case is quite simple, you didnt got an 075, I do understand seller did what he thought was correct, it's his responsibility not yours, simple as that.

Agreed. If your selling on eBay your taking a risk especially if you don't even know what your selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Measure the bore, 52 vs 58mm. As for eBay, anything within 30 days PayPal has you covered. Even if the seller has a "no returns" policy. Ebay has been trying to compete with Amazon and part of that is a liberal return policy.
Lots of times the seller won't accept returns but you still get your money back if you contact PayPal and initiate an action. It's up to the seller I guess if he doesn't want his saw back! I'm glad it worked that way for you. I learned a valuable lesson and that's to not put in your ad that you won't accept returns. I have mine worded that I only do refunds if item is not as advertised..

Latest posts

Back