Help me get unscrewed...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were refunded the money the proper thing to do was to return the saw. You now have a saw you did not pay for, you have shown a lot about your character. Remind me never to sell you a saw.
Don't worry, I won't ask. It's easy to sit and judge a person in order to feel morally superior, in fact it seems that you're pretty good at it. I try not to judge, lest I've walked a mile in their shoes. You don't know me, or anything about me.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Don't worry, I won't ask. It's easy to sit and judge a person in order to feel morally superior, in fact it seems that you're pretty good at it. I try not to judge, lest I've walked a mile in their shoes. You don't know me, or anything about me.
I hope you have a great weekend.

You kept merchandise you have not paid for. Please explain how that is just, honest or moral.

I think he said the seller said he could keep it, postage being too high to send back. I guess the seller assumed or was told by ebay that he had to pay return postage, sometimes they do that and if you don't issue a packing slip they'll issue one for you and take it from your account. I had that happen once to me, not because I refused but because I didn't know how to do it and they handled it for me.

I attempted to do the right thing and send his saw back to him. That said, after the case was resolved, I don't feel I should spend in the neighborhood of $100 to return something that was not what it was advertised to be. You can come to your own conclusions, I have a clear conscience on this one.

See below...
The screenshots are in order, but you need to read each from bottom to top.

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

I kinda have my own rule of thumb which only applies to me and that is: I would never pay that much for an item unless I looked at it first, in person. Online sales are fine for me for low dollar purchases but I draw the line at about $200. If I remember right, the most expensive thing I've bought online is a sandblast cabinet and I got screwed on it, I got to the driveway seconds after the FedEx delivery woman shoved it out the back of her truck and it landed on it's corner, ruining it. I took it in the garage and it leaked like crazy..

Back