Help near Richmond VA area with learning chainsaw milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatesdad

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I keep toying with the idea of trying to learn how to chainsaw mill. I was wondering if anyone in the Richmond VA area or within an hour or so commute time does chainsaw milling and would be willing to have a newbie hang out for a bit while they milled and could teach me a little about chainsaw milling? I would like to see a mill in action. I would be willing to pay for your time as well if we could agree on a price.

If this is something someone would be willing to do, PM me please or respond to this thread. Thanks for your time reading this if you can help or have some other suggestions.

I'm not near you but you can find plenty of good info in these forums and YouTube has plenty of videos. I'm fairly new at it myself but I can try to help answer your questions.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I'm not near you but you can find plenty of good info in these forums and YouTube has plenty of videos. I'm fairly new at it myself but I can try to help answer your questions.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Thank you, I know there is plenty here to learn. I just figured that if someone was near me and was operating their own and wouldn't mind me hanging out, asking a few questions, and learning something new. I grew up many years ago with my father working in a sawmill. Before he had died, he bought a Hud-son mill and operated it for fun as long as I manually turned the log and dug the dogs in it. Thanks for the reply. Have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Back