Help with first bid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a sniper with a throw bag either (bird shot has more precision). Fortunately, all our trees are short so it's not an issue. :D

I'm curious to see your gizmo. Only thing I've ever built with PVC is house plumbing and spud guns, with the occasional bow stand (for archery).

Attachments

• IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1307.JPG
    IMG_1307.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Jim... in regards to the deceptively difficult tree. I would put my climb line in the branch coming off towards the camera and throw the tail over the branches overhanging the house with a ground guy on the tail to keep me from swinging back too hard if I fell. From there I would climb up as far as possible and rig the tips off of themselves, they might sweep the roof a little. A second guy would be needed to throw the branches off the roof.

You are WAY over thinking this....If you are "not responsible for the brush or the wood"....Send the whole shebang! Maybe lick you finger and gauge the wind to be absolutely certain first.

JK! Are these trees still standing I'm getting old waiting!

In California the HO is the general contractor if he hires an uninsured worker,
Jeff

What's the one ins co that runs those commercials showing all the stupid ways **** gets ****ed up and they still pay?

I think their motto is: We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two

Ignorance and stupidity are COVERED!!!! YAY!

Well, as long as it don't become a Superfund site that is.

One time I asked this Jewish guy down on Samson St in Philly how to start a diamond business. He told me the first thing I would need is a bunch of oppressed people with nothing to lose to dig them out of the ground for 30 cents a day.

I never had the nerve to ask anybody anything else ever again.

Nah, I'm just joking. I knew better than to ask questions like that.

Yeah, first I'm going to talk with him about why he wants them down, and it might end up that I just prune instead of remove some or all.

I also don't know if he realizes how much wood would be left on his property if all of those trees do end up being removed, or if he has any plans for it. I made it clear that I cannot dispose of it, but will do my best to at least cut it into manageable pieces and stack it.

He lives about 3 hours away from me, and I'm going to shoot down to his place over the weekend to look at the job, and quite possibly just hang out and catch up with him.

I'm going to look into getting a small business startup loan soon, so I can afford liability insurance (I've made it clear that should anything go wrong with this job it would have to go under his homeowners insurance) and some other stuff to be able to do tree work on the side. I lost my job a few weeks ago and the Mrs. wrecked one of our vehicles, and we have an 8 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. I've had some job offers already and a few more interviews today and tomorrow that are promising, but if I can do some tree work on my own I can afford to take my time to find the right job, instead of the first job.

You will be driving back and forth to that job for over a week solid.

Its true that oak over the house is going to be tough.

What's the one ins co that runs those commercials showing all the stupid ways **** gets ****ed up and they still pay?

I think their motto is: We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two

Ignorance and stupidity are COVERED!!!! YAY!

Well, as long as it don't become a Superfund site that is.

One time I asked this Jewish guy down on Samson St in Philly how to start a diamond business. He told me the first thing I would need is a bunch of oppressed people with nothing to lose to dig them out of the ground for 30 cents a day.

I never had the nerve to ask anybody anything else ever again.

Nah, I'm just joking. I knew better than to ask questions like that.

You make no sense,,,,Jeff

You make no sense,,,,Jeff

HEY! Don't criticize me just because you can't figure out what I said.

I mean: What I meant with what I said.

And with yer commas? Hell, I get a headache trying to figure out what you mean.

But I still did it, sure it was a lot of work but I still did it.

You can tell a lot about a person from the way to punctuates.

we all Love you,,,,you are like a wart that when as a kid wants to get it gone,, and of then after five or six years of scratching, and picking,, whoo,, its gone,, and then you miss it,,yup,,
Jeff :confused:

That's ****ed up! Why didn't you just go see a DR and have him remove it ?

we all Love you,,,,you are like a wart that when as a kid wants to get it gone,, and of then after five or six years of scratching, and picking,, whoo,, its gone,, and then you miss it,,yup,,
Jeff :confused:

More like a hemorrhoid. Always stuck to your butt hole, but you're happiest when it's not bothering you. :D

More like a hemorrhoid. Always stuck to your butt hole, but you're happiest when it's not bothering you. :D

If its that bad you might want to schedule an appointment for Jeff to remove that hemorrhoid... cause I don't do assholes.

He is pretty gentle from what I hear so fear not.

My colon/rectal doc is a real doctor, reasonably attractive female, and has small hands. It's almost fun. :p

I'm sooooo jealous!!!!!

I AM !!!!

Truth is, well, uh, um, I am not really a doctor, I just play one on arborsitedotcom.

Back