Help with tree/wood ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will. . . lol. I cut some 16 inch rounds and they were very heavy to hand load into a 1ton GM VAN so I figured it must be good. I will take my trailer next time and it has a 6ft ramp so I can put the ramp down and wheel them up with my Harbor Freight hand cart.
Thanks for your fast responses!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I have never cut or split sugar/rock maple before. . .I mostly burn ash, elm, oak, and pine. I was amazed at how many bees were drawn to the smell of fresh cut/split sugar maple. . .good thing my spray is also on bees. I tried waving my arms and saying shooo bees shooo but it was not real effective. .

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the men here who advised me on the Rock maple. Although it seemed like a ***** during the splitting process and the bark was impregnated with dirt from being rolled around in the mud so I went through countless chains to cut up a couple sticks of wood. It is definitely one of my top and favorite fire Woods.
So, Thank You Mr Forrest , Mr Moustache!

What do you mean pencil heart" Mr. Logger? I have heard the term "pencil d ick" related to wood, but usually its being yelled at me as I am walking out the door.
Lol, pencil heart suggests a very small heart and 99% sapwood. Very desireable for lumber and veneer.
It has nothing to do with woodticks or wood dicks. Lol

Back