Hey dad, can you look at my friends saw? It's not cutting very well...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutting turf with a stihl about all they are good for...............
dsc_0017.jpg

What kind of road kill is has he been butchering with that thing??

Edit: I see the sod cutting idea now.
Are the bar and chain recently changed?
Looks a bit clean if they've been in the turf.
But then i'm from a hard red clay region, so thta's my only perspective on dirt cutting.

tell your friend to please top cutting up the lab rats in the science class, chainsaws are for WOOD!

clear it out and keep cutting maybe a new chain, maybe. does he have plans on cutting wood with it? i would imagine its sharp enough for straw, sod, and rabbits. be sure to check his fuel mix, it may be burnt up, if thats all the better care he keeps of it.

clear it out and keep cutting maybe a new chain, maybe. does he have plans on cutting wood with it? i would imagine its sharp enough for straw, sod, and rabbits. be sure to check his fuel mix, it may be burnt up, if thats all the better care he keeps of it.
Apparently they were hanging over the front end of a boat trying to cut their way up a slough off the Yentna river and just went through whatever was in their way

The chain is thrashed and doesn't appear to have had any lubricant for some time

I told my son to clean it up before I would consider messing with it

I hear what you are saying about people and their equipment

I guess its classified as a "throw away" saw but I sure don't have the kind of money to throw away something like that

In all seriousness; I pulled the sideplate to read the info on the bar so I could figure out what size file I needed

I had never seen 1/4" Pico chain before which I what I think it is

MS-180

From what I found it looks like I need a 1/8" file and guide and apparently Stihl is the only game in town for that

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks everyone

Michael

that sounds right i had an ms180 and it was a pain to get chains for around here and no fun to sharpen so i sold it.

that sounds right i had an ms180 and it was a pain to get chains for around here and no fun to sharpen so i sold it.

It's crazy

Baileys has a chain for this toy

It is more than all but the longest full size pro chains from Oregon

That would be enough to turn me off

I guess I will see what I can do with it

Up for a challenge

Michael

Back