HEY! You are all Millionaires!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every tree has to have a rope 3/4 of the up, be hooked up to a portawrap, and a 5 to 1. The only felling cut used is a bore cut with a trigger. Each tree is photographed before and after. A report has to be filled out before cutting. We have to protect the other trees, waterways, certain insects, plus remember their all with in striking distance of the HV lines. Any tree two lengths from a road you have to have flaggers to shut down the road. I could go on and on.

Every tree has to have a rope 3/4 of the up, be hooked up to a portawrap, and a 5 to 1. The only felling cut used is a bore cut with a trigger. Each tree is photographed before and after. A report has to be filled out before cutting. We have to protect the other trees, waterways, certain insects, plus remember their all with in striking distance of the HV lines. Any tree two lengths from a road you have to have flaggers to shut down the road. I could go on and on.
That sounds like overkill

I was going last year, but I got the call to stay at the house. Might have to go for an adventure this year. Sounds like it is harder to follow all the rules then cutting the trees. Is there a vid up showing the way y'all have to work?

The longer I work the more use to their methods I become. It's kind of over kill but it's their money. As many people as they have working on this project it stands to reason not everyone is as qualified as they claim. So it's understandable they try to limit the possibility of injury, death, and loss of property.
We're starting another project for the county removing burnt trees and their no where near as picky.
I'm working with the crane now. They leave us alone mostly. I really like crane work. I like riding the air. Worked on a 48 in. DBH pine today. Tallest tree I've ever craned.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
Back