Holan Bucket Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLD CHIPMONK

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Are they still in business,if so, where ? We have searched , to no avail. We are looking for a work manual on a 50 ft. ( single control handle ). We think it's a 1979-80 model. Two separate buckets, either side of boom. Upper fiberglass & lower metal boom. Center mount ( not continuous rotation ). Low milage on F-700, no former tree work ( used for lighting ). Would like to buy manual for reference. Unit has no cables except for bucket articulation. Good solid unit that was shed kept & has all work records but no repair manual. Any information would be appreciated.

First you need to identify the model. It does not have cables for the upper boom drive? Is there a cylinder for the upper boom drive? If so how and where is it mounted? Can you post a pic of the lift? That would help. You can still get parts for the Holan's, but they are expensive. They were very solid, dependable lifts though!

F-700 Holan Bucket

Identification as follows : Model 50 HA 12 ; UE 130 ; T-1717 Ser. no. PLE-3878 ; BDE-3878 ; !980- 700 Ford

We hope you can help us identify this unit & just maybe lead us to finding a shop or work manual. It's been four years & we have replaced or repaired all funtional items on the unit. We have added tool boxes & a headache rack. Repainted entire unit ( bright white ). So far it's been a very good workhorse.
Keeep it greased & daily safety inspection ( all pins/locks, turrett pin, hoses all new ( except 3 decent ) new pump, PTO shaft & gears, no rust inside or out. No bounce or sway during operation ; just a good tight unit.Cable is new on bucket articulate ( plus we have 2nd. new bucket & liner ). We are in the process of reconditioning a sister unit & mounting her on 2001 chev. 6500. We do not use these units around power lines . We leave this to the big boys & their toys. Just trim work & open removals. Thanks.

they were made in Westminster Colorado, they closed down around 2002. I know that they sold off everything, I don't know if someone bought the rights to the lifts.

I worked at the plant for some time building the lifts.

Back