HomeAdvisor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently got a text from them and I told them I wasnt interested in leads. They seemed to get pretty bent about it and how Im missing out because i dont even have to go look at the jobs and can give a quote over the phone or email. I educated them on how they should really learn how our industry works before trying to sell us a service. No way in hell to give a proper quote with site unseen due to tons of different variables. Also, my opinion is most people who use home advisor are looking for the cheapest price and I guaranteed them it wasnt going to be me. They didnt respond Thats my story and thoughts on home advisor

I've never used them, and I won't either. Even after I've told them to take me off their call list multiple times they continue to call, so now if I answer and it's them I just get ****** with them. I also think the whole paying for leads thing is BS, I've always done fine on word of mouth.
I recently got a text from them and I told them I wasnt interested in leads. They seemed to get pretty bent about it and how Im missing out because i dont even have to go look at the jobs and can give a quote over the phone or email. I educated them on how they should really learn how our industry works before trying to sell us a service. No way in hell to give a proper quote with site unseen due to tons of different variables. Also, my opinion is most people who use home advisor are looking for the cheapest price and I guaranteed them it wasnt going to be me. They didnt respond Thats my story and thoughts on home advisor

I get at least 2 calls per week from someone who stole my number and info of the HA website who is trying to sell me "top spots on Google searches"... extremely annoying

I get at least 2 calls per week from someone who stole my number and info of the HA website who is trying to sell me "top spots on Google searches"... extremely annoying
Those telemarketers get pretty old, pretty quick. Being a new busines I have found my best marketing to be an ad in a local magazine in a wealthy area with a 5% off coupon.

Well I guess that explains a lot. I've been getting a ton of those calls lately, despite being on the national do not call registry. Seriously, I'm all about small government but telemarketing should be illegal and punishable by hard labor. As a small business owner, I answer my phone for everyone (except 800 numbers) as I don't want to miss a client. It used to be easy to ignite these people but now they call from real phone number, and living here in Florida everyone is from somewhere else in the country (yet everyone is "FloGrown") so it's not at all uncommon for me to get calls from clients with out of state area codes.

Well I guess that explains a lot. I've been getting a ton of those calls lately, despite being on the national do not call registry. Seriously, I'm all about small government but telemarketing should be illegal and punishable by hard labor. As a small business owner, I answer my phone for everyone (except 800 numbers) as I don't want to miss a client. It used to be easy to ignite these people but now they call from real phone number, and living here in Florida everyone is from somewhere else in the country (yet everyone is "FloGrown") so it's not at all uncommon for me to get calls from clients with out of state area codes.
Hello this is cornwallis, I'm not answering my phone because of too many salesmen. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you asap :popcorn2:

I still answer, but my finger is halfway to the hangup when it is a non-local #. Sometimes it is a client calling, and a lot of people don't like to leave VM. I got a call from a telemarketer yesterday "I already told you not to call" as soon as he said who he was with, before he could finish his first sentence. As I was pushing the red button I heard him say "that doesn't work does it?". What???? I guess I'll pass them along to the AG's office where they deal with harassing telemarketing if they call back. Less than 15 seconds later, the phone rings again and I take a deep breath so I can unload on him....Glad I looked at caller ID again - it was a client calling!

I have found Home Advisor to be a mixed bag. I think I am the only one suckered into it around here so I get the leads. About half are for removals which I specifically said I do not want from them. They will credit that back if they can verify with the client that is the case. Pain in the neck, but it works out. About 20% never return a call...Not HA's fault...But it sucks I still need tomato for that lead. The ones where I get on the property usually work out OK. I have it turned off most of the time because I had been too busy. You can only pause leads for 2 weeks at a time. When I forget, phone usually rings within a day or two...So when I have more time I think it will pay for itself. I can't imagine it being my preferred source of leads, but I it will fill in some gaps. I'd say "worth it". After reading this thread though, I do need to ask of they are pimping out my contact info!

Friend of mine used them. Got some leads but as mentioned, every time you get a call, they charge you a fee. He got some leads, kept them as annual trims and cleanups, got additional references from those people he worked with an dumped HA. Not worth it.

I think if you login to your account online, you can pause leads for as long as you want. Use a computer, not the app. I think I paused mine for 3 weeks the day before I deleted the account.

Latest posts

Back