ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Homelite 26LCS drive belt, any leads?

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Roanoker494, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Roanoker494

Roanoker494 Addicted to ArboristSite

The 26LCS I just got had a decent looking belt on it, but the dang thing pulled in half when I started the engine. Looks like in pulled apart in the seam where the belt ends were joined. Does anyone have any idea where to find a NOS belt or a good used belt? The Homelite part number on the belt is 71270.

2. Jacob J.

Jacob J. Tree Freak

3. Roanoker494

Thank you for the info. From what I have understood the 26LCS used a belt that was not compatible with the other Homelite models. None of the links provided specified the 26LCS model. I will have to do some more research on belt compatibility between the models.

4. Bill G

Bill G Addicted to ArboristSite

Well I am not sure. You do realize there were very few belt driven models. I do know I have 26LCS ones.

Bill

5. Roanoker494

I do know there were not many belt models, but I am not sure just how many models were built. I did not know they existed until I found this one. I know this model was only made from 1951-53, which I am sure will make finding parts a problem. Might just put it on Ebay, or the tradin post on this site, and see how much it can bring me.

6. Roanoker494

I did some more research and it seems the belts were the same except for the width. The belt on the 26LCS is not quite as wide as on the other Homelite Models, but they can be made to work. Thanks again for the links.

7. noodles

noodles New Member

New to the homelite world and am looking for a belt for a 26 lcs.Or a belt that is same cog spacing and same lenght, I can cut the width. Just need part number and where to purchase. Thanks
    Noodles

8. Roanoker494

I eneded up selling my 26LCS on Ebay several months ago but I did get some feedback on the belt first. It seems that a standard 210H automotive timing belt will work, though it may have to narrowed slightly. Should be available at any auto parts store.

9. Urbicide

Urbicide Addicted to ArboristSite

I would enjoy seeing the facial expressions on the guys behind the counter when noodles would set that big Homie up on the counter. ;)

Dare you to fire it up inside the store too. :D

10. cbfarmall

cbfarmall Addicted to ArboristSite

Is this what you're looking for (one narrow and 3 wide):

[​IMG]

Sorry, not up for grabs just yet. I need at least one, and 2 of the others are sort of still on the table for a trade. I gave the measurements of these to Nitroman who dug around and found standard timing belt sizes that you guys are using. In fact, one the belts is marked as a Homelite part AND a timing belt.

Chris B.

11. noodles

noodles New Member

Thanks a ton What year and make model of timing belt is close? So I can get one comming my way?Get this old saw back in the wood.
    Noodles

12. Roanoker494

I am pretty sure the 210H is the belt you will need, no other measurements needed. Does not matter what year, make or model it is for.

13. Roanoker494

It was not running good, but running none the less.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToCrK9DhBGs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ToCrK9DhBGs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. 67L36Driver

67L36Driver Addicted to ArboristSite

H is a standard pitch on an industrial belt drive. Brand names Gates and Dayco are the big ones.

Get thee hence to an industrial supply house that deals in bearings, belts, seals, and power transmission equipment. That's where the saw mfgr. got 'em.

15. GoRving

GoRving Addicted to ArboristSite

I have been wanting to add a Homey 26 to the collection, but that's one model we can't seem to get.