Homelite Bar identification, help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDM53ENT

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need some help on Homelite bars please. On a C-72, is an XL mount the same or interchangeable? On one of my C72s I am running a Homelite GW 20001 D5 bar. From what Im reading the last digit 5 means it’s a universal fit. I thought it had come off an XL but if its a universal fit it doesn’t answer my question.

If I order a homelite bar, or other brand, specified to fit an XL series will it work? Im looking at a Homelite GW 24001 G5 that ChainsawLady has. Ive read conflicting post saying yes and others stating it will not. If anyone has ACTUALLY used an XL mount on a C series please chime in, I would be grateful. Cheers!

IMG_3241.JPG
Need some help on Homelite bars please. On a C-72, is an XL mount the same or interchangeable? On one of my C72s I am running a Homelite GW 20001 D5 bar. From what Im reading the last digit 5 means it’s a universal fit. I thought it had come off an XL but if its a universal fit it doesn’t answer my question.
They are the same. The first two letters are the type of bar (GW= gas welded) 20 is the cutting length. 00 is the pitch. ( 00 means no pitch since the bar is a hard nose) 1 means the gauge. ( .050) . D is the revision. 5 is the mount.

If you sent a PM I didnt get it. Yes Im interested in some bars for my C series saws. I would really like to get a hold of the GW 24001 G5 Chainsaw Lady has once she replies. Im also looking for some bars for my .404 chains up to a 24 or 25". I may be interested in a another bar for my SuperWiz 66 for 1/2 chain.

If you sent a PM I didnt get it. Yes Im interested in some bars for my C series saws. I would really like to get a hold of the GW 24001 G5 Chainsaw Lady has once she replies. Im also looking for some bars for my .404 chains up to a 24 or 25". I may be interested in a another bar for my SuperWiz 66 for 1/2 chain.
I sent the PM to valleyfirewood, he said he had a bunch of NOS Homelite bars.

Chainsawlady has a bunch of those GW24001-G5 bars, (.050) but I believe only one GW24003-G5 (.063)
http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/5288/nos-homelite-chainsaw-bars-inch

Back