Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMechanical

Reaction score
Couch, living room, Texas, USA, Earth, Milky Way
All tags missing on this saw. after some research I believe it is a C-72. It runs well but w best loaded carb tune seems a bit weak. It may have a case seal issue. I figure if I am going to take the time to pull it all down I might as well go stupid on it for the fun. Here we go. What is the largest cc i can build on this block? I assume all the C series will fit, like C-9 crank, rod, piston, Cylinder? What is the max RPM/Piston speed before parts launch and what is the relatively safe zone? Is there a better reed asy. I can use or aftermarket reed I can bore/tap the case for? Looks like the 5 and 7 run flat reeds and 9 a 4 blade. Will the 4 blade fit this unit in stock config? and if so will it raise the rpm capability do to more flow? How to set he timing for max power? If it has a non adjust points plate I can make it adjust. I enjoy power, torque and the ability to aquire more. What is the rpm limiting factor on this saw? Points,timing,reed,carb dia.? Thank you for any help.

Latest posts

Back