Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever came across the Homelite Harvester? tree shaker? is it like the other chainsaw based equipment? skill saw, water pump, grinder etc?

Here is the Homelite Harvester
535f4efd0b43586a817b53a5d018d630.jpg

This is a NOS unit

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
[/IMG]

We were thinking (in another thread) it may be a variant of the 50 ~ 55 series based on a couple of pics of the coil. Cory was going to look for a part # but a pic of the saw would certainly work just as well. Regardless, they should be plentiful and cheap.

I really don't know my Husqvarna saws. There is little in the way of markings on the coil other than EM and the number 324. The carb on the saw is an HDA 18A. Searching a bit more...154/254??

Homelite XL-130 (1).JPG Homelite XL-130 (2).JPG DSC00464.JPG DSC00465.JPG DSC00466.JPG
hopin this fix will work on pioneer farm [& lite] saws too. might be a bit much, but also that it's one used in plastic poulan/husky ho saws. they'd be worth pickin up.

FWIW, I tried a Walbro coil off of a WildThing on my P50. It was a bad experiment. I don't think the flywheel polarity was the same.

I think you're right on the 154/254. And I'm going with 506-0272-01, 03, 07, etc. for that coil. Common among lots of Huskys of the day including the 154/254, 50,51,55 and others. Made by several manufacturers including EM and could be the reason for the various suffix numbers for essentially the same coil. As far as I can tell by comparing later IPL's, all variants of that earlier part number have been superseded by part number 544-0183-01.

Thanks Cory and Poge for running that coil PN down.

As a side note, I just finished setting up an XL-1 to run LP chain. I modified a Remington roller nose bar and am using a standard 3/8 pitch rim which is what some of the carvers do. I understand that the standard rim will hammer the back of the drivers over time. I will see how it cuts soon and then will try a .325 pitch chain if I can find one in my stash..
Against all the folks that love these saws I find them too underpowered to run a regular 3/8 pitch chain in the dense hardwood around me. They chatter like crazy even with the depth gauges set conservatively. I figured I'd give it a go anyway.

As a side note, I just finished setting up an XL-1 to run LP chain. I modified a Remington roller nose bar and am using a standard 3/8 pitch rim which is what some of the carvers do.

I'm interested to hear your take. I did a decent amount of cutting with my SEZ and Super Mini this year and can say they really cut well up to 10" wood and it really slows down when getting over 12" wood. This might be just the ticket.

I understand that the standard rim will hammer the back of the drivers over time.

The nice thing is LP chains are cheap especially if you search for clearance deals. So if the performance is markedly increased it's worth the wear.

Anyone got a choke switch (just the plastic part on top) for a 150 theyd be willing to part with? I have the metal part and the linkage that goes inside the case. Seems that no matter how careful ive been lately something walks off. Dam.

Check ebay? I found a couple in a quick search.

Still havent gotten to work on the 410 yet, I hope to this week, along with 2 other saws. Will the auto oiler keep up with a 28" bar?

Thanks Cory and Poge for running that coil PN down.

As a side note, I just finished setting up an XL-1 to run LP chain. I modified a Remington roller nose bar and am using a standard 3/8 pitch rim which is what some of the carvers do. I understand that the standard rim will hammer the back of the drivers over time. I will see how it cuts soon and then will try a .325 pitch chain if I can find one in my stash..
Against all the folks that love these saws I find them too underpowered to run a regular 3/8 pitch chain in the dense hardwood around me. They chatter like crazy even with the depth gauges set conservatively. I figured I'd give it a go anyway.

I'm sure that someone has run .325 on a SuperMini XL-1. I think that the Pioneer 1073/P25's would also benefit, but you would still get white finger!

Latest posts

Back