Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the old NOS crank seals from the 70's and 80's still pliable enough to be used in saws or are we better off buying aftermarket replacement seals?

Are the old NOS crank seals from the 70's and 80's still pliable enough to be used in saws or are we better off buying aftermarket replacement seals?
That depends on how they were stored. I've seen some that were dry, hard and rotted, others just fine. Newer made seals will be more pliable, just be sure they will work in engines. Just because a AF seal has the proper ID and OD dimensions it may not be meant for engines. You generally want ones with the internal spring.

That depends on how they were stored. I've seen some that were dry, hard and rotted, others just fine. Newer made seals will be more pliable, just be sure they will work in engines. Just because a AF seal has the proper ID and OD dimensions it may not be meant for engines. You generally want ones with the internal spring.
Thank you.

Finding NOS Seals online for 4-6 bucks a piece or repro for 10. Thinking I'd rather only do the job once so the couple bucks aren't worth saving.

Tag
ec14b78a3b358e42c825e80bf43ad283.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot for sharing this. Old memories are now revived. Very cool.

I have one of those coils I got off the bay that doe not work, but I don't know that I have the right flywheel for it. Maybe I will bring it along Wednesday.

Have a look at this carb pic from Zama to see if it matches yours

http://www.zamacarb.com/carburetors/154

Yes, that is it. I finally found the C1Q stamp on it. So I need a carb kit, seals, fuel/oil lines and fuel filter. What size line am I looking for? Can I just get 5 feet of standard tygon line from the local shop?

Latest posts

Back