Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a little digging through the SXL 925 getting it all tuned up. The spark plug is a CJ6, but the air filter cover says solid state. Which means it should be a DJ6Y. Whats the consensus? The spark plug doesnt look that great so I'm wanting to replace it.
Those are two different types of plugs. A DJ* is a taper seat, a CJ* is a flat seat. The reach is also different.

There is conflicting information when you cross-reference the IPL and the Manual. According to the IPL's and manual, the earlier 925 (with the 3 piece ignition) call for the CJ6. 9.5mm reach, non-projected tip, flat seat. The later, one piece, ignitions in the IPL call for the CJ6Y. The same plug, with the projected nose (Y-suffix). I am not sure why the shop manual calls for the DJ6Y. It is a tapered seat. AFAIK, the cylinders are the same and are designed for a flat-seat sealing plug. The DJ6Y or equivalent would be a no-no on those cylinders.

I run a lot of CJ6 and equivalent. BM7A if you like NGK.

There is conflicting information when you cross-reference the IPL and the Manual. According to the IPL's and manual, the earlier 925 (with the 3 piece ignition) call for the CJ6. 9.5mm reach, non-projected tip, flat seat. The later, one piece, ignitions in the IPL call for the CJ6Y. The same plug, with the projected nose (Y-suffix). I am not sure why the shop manual calls for the DJ6Y. It is a tapered seat. AFAIK, the cylinders are the same and are designed for a flat-seat sealing plug. The DJ6Y or equivalent would be a no-no on those cylinders.

I run a lot of CJ6 and equivalent. BM7A if you like NGK.

Looks like I'll look for a Cj6Y then? Which would be an NGK BPM7A equivalent? Can you share the IPL that calls for the CJ6Y? Thanks for all the info. I did not know there were flat and tapered spark plugs until last night. Learn something new every day.

Looks like I'll look for a Cj6Y then? Which would be an NGK BPM7A equivalent? Can you share the IPL that calls for the CJ6Y? Thanks for all the info. I did not know there were flat and tapered spark plugs until last night. Learn something new every day.

Ray posted it above. If we are going off of the IPL and you want to be exact, check your ignition setup and plug accordingly.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/homelite-chainsaws.101147/page-543#post-6233966

I see you have a Canadian built Homelite. The serial number reference would have to be found on a Terry IPL. Not many of those around.

IPL for a UT10415 attached

Well I feel like the special kid who is left out of everything now. Would love to see a Terry IPL.

So its not solid state ignition then? Or is that what solid state is? Does that mean CJ6Y or CJ6? My head is spinning now. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back