Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35ef94da4e897ceb64f96620f69cf1bf.jpg

I think I offered you this. NOS, 1 16/16" pilot for early 101.

Got to watch the Homie part numbers. End in A, B, C etc..
I totally forgot about yours. I believe that one is too large? I can circle back provided the original deal doesn't work.

Thinking I am just going to shelve this project for now. I have the carb kit and new seals for the saw but I cannot reach the seller of the P+C who has my money and am not about to drop another 70 bucks into ebay to get a second P+C.

Oh well.

Change of course. We are going to refurb the cylinder on the 103 so I just need a new piston. I have a line into Joyce to see if she can hook me up with one. Otherwise they sell aftermarket ones on EBay.

The person who has my funds for the other p and c has another 6 hours to get in touch with me if they do not wish to be outed on here.

Of the 350-750 series which has a clutch cover that goes around the muffler? Also has a chain brake.

I am going by photos in a auction bill as to what the saw is. Thinking it is a 550 full wrap with brake. Acres site says 450 had no brake.

SXL and XL-103 have same bore. Same piston will fit in either?

The super XLAO IPL lists A-59468 & B and the 103 lists A-59468-A & B. I suspect they fit.

If you are considering a piston for LRB consider getting Caber rings for it once you receive it so you can measure the ring lands for size.. An OEM piston would be best if you can find one.

A guy know bought one from LRB and he was not happy with it. He added Caber rings and it worked well. There seems to be some variations from OEM dimensions from what little I've heard.

Of the 350-750 series which has a clutch cover that goes around the muffler? Also has a chain brake.

The 450 and 550 IPL's shows a brake for the SL models.The 350SL also had a brake but the part around the muffler is not there and a muffler deflector is added to point the exhaust gas exit straight down. They may have been made available as a dealer ad on in the US

I don't think the 650 ever offered a brake. The 750 IPL lists one in the options section.
There was also a bolt on hand guard that can be confused with a brake if you're looking at photos.

I don't think there is a way to distinguish a 450 from a 500 externally if all the badges are gone. I think I asked LeeHa that. Maybe someone who owns both could chime in.
Measuring the bore is would require removing the lower handle brace and the muffler.

The super XLAO IPL lists A-59468 & B and the 103 lists A-59468-A & B. I suspect they fit.

If you are considering a piston for LRB consider getting Caber rings for it once you receive it so you can measure the ring lands for size.. An OEM piston would be best if you can find one.

A guy know bought one from LRB and he was not happy with it. He added Caber rings and it worked well. There seems to be some variations from OEM dimensions from what little I've heard.
Thank you!

I have a blue coil SXL that isn't in my good graces right now and I thought I might just rob the piston from that provided its clean.

Finally got my money back on the other P+C although the guy was a donkey about it.

Back