Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was recently gifted a xl. The purge bulb is broken. I have a new one to put on but how do you get the old one off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spc, there is a whole series of XL's from a 40 CC XL 1 up to an 80 CC XL 955, It might help if there is a number with the XL. Some of the XL 12's just said Super XL or XLAO for automatic oiler. The ones I'm familiar with are old enough that they didn't have purge bulbs. Some one will be along shortly that knows the newer saws. Welcome to the site, hope you have that one up and running ASAP, Joe.

It's located on the right hand side looking down from the top. I will get the ut number when I get home

I was recently gifted a xl. The purge bulb is broken. I have a new one to put on but how do you get the old one off

I believe there are two types of bulbs. One in the fuel cap and the other on the right side of the handlebar. If it's the one in the handlebar it's held in the 2 barbs on the bulb base. You may be able to get at those barbs from the inside of the handle bar. If not, you should be able to pull it out and replace it with the new assembly.
If it's the one in the cap, it's sold as a cap and bulb assembly. You may be able to get that one apart and replace the bulb but I have never seen one to check if it's possible.

PN's

Bulb in the cap assembly A01372A
Bulb with barbs assembly 02487

IPL with bulb in the handlebar attached

Attachments

• homelitexlut10695.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 6
I got it off. Now have to replace the fuel lines as they were cracked as well. Will run to the parts store tomorrow and get some and should have is up and running in no time. Thanks for the help.

Just picked up a 550 and want o replace both cap gaskets. What other saws use the same gaskets?

Latest posts

Back